Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
smoky smell

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

smoky smell

got a sore throut acouple of days ago, now i'm starting to smell like a burning smell that nobody else smell.    it gets so bad that my eyes start to burn, and i get nauseated.. it happened last month also but went away.... anybody know what it might be,,, please i cant stand the smell.... thanks
Can't recall the scientific name, but that problem has been mentioned many, many times on this forum. It's annoying, but not a life threatening condition.
You could try searching older posts...just look for "odd smells" and titles like that.
The only life threatening condition that I know of that can cause you to smell "burned toast" or other smells, is a stroke. If you get a sudden headache, slurred speech, or stumble whilst trying to walk, seek emergency treatment.