Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
2 year old sleeping

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

2 year old sleeping
My son is 2 ½.
He has never been a good sleeper.   I have worked on keeping him in his bed but that doesn’t work.  Even when he is sleeping in my bed he is consistently waking up every 45 min – 1 hour crying.  When he is sleeping he is always moving his legs or rolling back and forth.

His sister (5) just had her adenoids out and tubes in her ears.  Her ENT said it can run in the family and if he has large adenoids it could wake him up at night.  He is not a snorer though.  He is a heavy nose breather sounding like he is always congested.

He also has another history.  He was diagnosed at 15 months with hypoplasia of the corpus collosum.  They said it was very very mild and will most likely not have any effect on him at all.  They said we would probably never have knows if it wasn’t for him developing a flat spot from positional.  He is however delayed in Gross motor skills.
He also has a large head circumference.  It is off the charts, but his ped said both his father and I have large heads so it is just hereditary.

I am just worried and I want to make sure that there is nothing else causing his bad sleeping besides lack of his mom getting him on a routine.  My daughter was a bad sleeper but at least she slept when she was in our bed.  He doesn’t even do that.
It sounds like you may need to have him seen by your ENT. You don't have to snore to have significant sleep-breathing problems.