Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Rhythmic Movement Disorder
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rhythmic Movement Disorder

Hi I can't find a section to ask a doctor advice on RMD so thought I'd try under the Sleep Apnea section.

I have been banging my head just before & during my sleep since I can remember Age 3? maybe earlier, I'm 23 now.

I have never spoken to any doctor about this as I'm embarrassed, I have found that the illegal drug MDMA (Ecstasy) Reduce the frequency that this happens & the amount of time it happens for, I have a theory & was just wondering from a doctors point of view whether I'm correct with my theory, I think I'm replacing the Head banging with Teeth Clenching/Grinding (Bruxism) which I find poses much less of a problem than the Head banging.

I'd like to know what if anything I need to do if I do decide to see my doctor about this issue, do i need to record dates & times this happens & will I need to attend hospital for evaluation?, as I hate hospitals.