Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Help!!!

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

Help!!!

need some help I am having pain all in the upper left side .It is from just beside the spine all the way over to my side.In the front to.I have had 2 ekg's done they where normal I have had blood and urine test done all normal.The Dr. told me he thought it was my Rotator Cuff I had an MRI done and will find out the results this coming week.The pain has gotten worse recently I can't even stand to lay on my back any more where as before it was just my left side I couldn't lay on.The pain in the front is right below where my neck ends on the left side.I have pain in my neck and arm also sometimes the pain is so bad I don't want to use my left arm.There is a lot of popping in my chest and shoulder and it feels like there is something rubbing together.There is burning in my upper back and chest and shoulder.Someone please help I feel like I am going to lose my mind.I have had these pains for 6 years and it is driving me crazy!!I use to carry 50lbs. of Dog Food on my left side and other weights of things on my left side I prefer to carry things on my left side.I use to haul hay and just work through the pain.But it is driving me nuts now it hurts whenever I pick up anything and I love to pick up my nephews and neices.Any Ideas?

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

Well until u get the results of ur MRI...there is not much we can tell u except try to avoid lifting and using that arm,,...u r having pain all over as u r compensating with ur right side and  over taxing it.....

try a nice warm bath...and relax...stress will only make u tighten up and feel worse....

The popping sounds u mention  are curious....ask to be checked ...I am thinking Ehlers-Danlos....it can cause joints to sublex or pop completely out of joint and hurts like heck....

Have u ever been in a MVA?
I had a similar problem, and it was my rotator cuff.  What was happening was this.  You have a a(bursa) sack of fluid onside your shoulder.  It becomes inflamed.  Anytime you move your arm, lay on that are while sleeping, it never heals.  My doctor did surgery and removed a part of bone so that when I moved my arm..shoulder, it wouldn't rub and become inflamed.  It feels great now.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing that info I am sure it will help others with a similar issue.
The mri showed that it was a hooked acromion and my dr. told me it was catching on the muscle and causing inflammation but they sent me to an orthopaedic dr. who didn't agree and want me to get a ct scan which didn't show anything he said so now I am freaking out.What kind of test would the bursa show up on? I really want to figure out something. So anything you can tell me would be very helpful. Thanks
I have never been a motor vehicle accident. What can you tell me about Ehlers-Danlos? What kind of test can they do to find out if you have it? My pains are driving me crazy so anything you can tell me would be very helpful. Thanks

How about  a fall, or even a really hard coughing spell....all of these can cause u to throw this area out of whack....

With an underlying issue like EDS it is even easier to do.....

EDS can be determined with what is called the Beighton Scale test it looks for hyper mobility, but there r questions in addition....such as do u bruise easily, are u slow to heal and the look of ur skin...easy scarring...etc...

this link is a good one for the chart to see how they do some of the checking....http://www.hypermobility.org/beighton.php

A rheumatoid Dr should be able to help with testing...but call and ask if they r familiar as not all are....
I have fallen but just pick myself up and get back to work. I have also had some coughing spells over the years and have had this condition for almost 7 years I really hope that I can find out something soon. I am really concerned and want some answers. Thanks for your responses!!

No worries...good luck and do keep me posted on what u  find out <3
Where was the piece of bone located?