Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
MRI cervical spine after an accident

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

MRI cervical spine after an accident

Hello! Could anyone help me to interpret my MRI records, 9 days after an accident?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5hIvkfLo-4&feature=plcp  *please watch in HD 1080p*

Does my MRI explain why I got tingling fingers, hands *permanently* and sometimes I don't even have strength to hold a pen?
Besides I still have a very strong pain in the upper parts of my neck, as well as in the bottom parts of my neck.

What does mean the scratch on one of the vertebrae *marked by the red circle in the video*

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

Not being a Dr I really can not comment on these MRI's....I did notice something was circled...it may be a disk that is bulging and compressing a nerve, it all depends on the area that the disk is bulging in,,,,,,

Do u have a  report...it may explain things more or in addition to the MRI pics, I know they r trying to indicate something...but not being in the medical profession and this is not  something I had  so the pics are not familiar to me....

I do have a chart for which vertabrae affect what areas...but the report would be a great help...
I fell down on my neck while doing gymnatics, it reminded whiplash, very closely. I couldn't stand up at least 10 hours after the accident.and stayed in a cervical collar for next 15 days in hospital. I got only a general report with a general  diagnose: distortion of cervical and thoractic spine . The report includs the MRI result: no reasons which could cause tingling and numb hands. That's all I got.
The MRI was looked only by one doctor. That's why I would want to know a second opinion.

DO u have copies of the report? What type of Dr was it that looked at it?

And was this only a week or so ago?
It wasn't a proper report. I told you everything that was in. Besides the report is not in English.
The accident happened 3 weeks ago, after 9 days I had the MRI.
It was a surgeon

The reason I asked those questions is bcuz with injuries such as urs there is a condition that can develop but does not show up right away...it can progress slowly or very rapidly it is called syringomyelia...urs would be acquired since u had an injury..u develop a cyst that fills with CSF fluid and as it fills it grows and can put pressure on nerves and the spinal cord....

If it is whip lash, that is much easier to deal with as PT can help....

Sorry, I wish I knew more about medicine to help....all I can suggest is getting copies so u can get a 2nd opinion.
Sir this is my MRI report i m suffring from back pain since 12 months, dr. says that operation need. but i want to know that any other treatment available othere than operation? plz help me i m 25 year old

MRI SCAN OF LUMBAR SPINE

test report date: 22 nov. 2012

technique : High resolution T1 and T2 weighted serial selection in sagittal plane. Gradient echo axial plane through lumbar region.

Finding :
* Normal lumbar curvature.
* posterior disc bulging at L4-L5 & L5-S1 levels; causing indentation on the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and mild narrowing of the both lateral recesses; resultant indenting the both exiting nerve roots
* Remaining lumbar intervertebral discs appear normal in signal intensity, contour and height.
* Visualized vertebral bodies shows sappear normal in signal intensity and height.
* no e/o spondylolysis/listhesisi noted.
* Bony spinal canal appear normal in diameter.
* The lower end of spinal cord and conus medullaris are normal.
* Rest of the intervertebral foramina do not reveal any abnormality.
* No intraspinal mass or pre/paravertebral collection is seen

conclusion :
posterior disc bulging at L4-L5 & L-5-S1 levels; causing indentation on the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and both exiting nerve roots (LT>RT)

We r not Drs here or medical professionals, this is a support forum and we share similar issues, and what I would suggest is take ur MRI and report to another orthopedic Dr and get another opinion....see which option and Dr u like better and go with ur gut....

Good luck and do keep us posted on ur progress : )