Masturbation
I'm a 29yr old male quadriplegic and I was injured when I was 23 . Since then I have not had sexual contact unfortunately. Every year I go for a Urology check up and the same Nurse always asks if I can get erections and ejaculate. This is the norm. I can get erections but don't know if I can ejaculate. So she recommended a special vibrator but it is $850!

So I went home and told this to my Personal Support Worker of 6 yrs. She's 51. She thought it was a good idea to see if I can ejaculate as well and for sexual function to be healthy. She also said that she used to do this for one of her previous patients in his 30's. She said she masturbated him by hand and she would do the same for me before I bought the vibrator.We both looked at the vibrator online and she had no qualms and in fact said a vibrator would be healthy.

What do you think?

Hi...sorry this is not a typical subject that I normally deal with...and I do not think it is something  that ur Personal Support Worker should be doing regardless if she  has no problem doing so...it just does not sound right.

I also do not know why the item u need is so expensive.....

IMHO u should discuss this with ur Dr to see if there is a therapist that can help u so it is more part of the job, then a favor....

Hope that helps

"selma"
as a support worker for people with spinal injuries.. your worker should not had offered to "help you" to see if you ejaculate, but i was under the understanding from my training that it is possible but usually for couple who want children they have to get the sperm from the testes, but for your own pleasure it might be worth you purchasing a vibrator. may i ask where on the spine has your injury has occurred

hope this helps