Neck and back problems related to disc

I have been fighting back and neck problems for about a year now. I had a recent MRI done and both my neck and back. I have a disc protrusion at C5-C6 I think arounf 7MM is what the doctor told me. I have disc extrusion and t11-12 ( touching spinal cord) and two buldge disc at L4-5 and L5-S1. Many time I have issues with walking and constant leg pain in both legs. I also get pain in my right arm and hand. I also recently have started having issues swallowing.. Had a swallowing test done and it came back normal..Neuro said that was great! Neuro left me in the hands of the neuro surgeron who does not want to operate but instead inject me and pump me full of pain killers and continue therapy... Chiro/physical therapist says he has seen worse.. Considering seeking a second opinion at  mayfield clinic

Any Advice??

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I fully feel we should see several Drs and compare the treatment options....they work for us and we should not be intimidated to ask for a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

Pinched nerves can affect us in many ways, the swallowing issues can all be a neuro issue and once resolved may help with the symptoms u have....the longer we have a pinched nerve the better  chance we have for perm damage of the nerve.....

So do look around, and see what other options u have...many Drs will try PT of sorts to make sure it is not something that can be resolved that way and save surgery as a last resort...surgery is not a cure all or fix and has it's risks....so look at options but keep in mind trying PT first is not a bad idea.....u may find out faster that u might need surgery, this helps a surgeon know what is going on with u....so give it a thought,