Radio Frequency Lesioning Procedure....NEED HELP!
Has anyone ever had a Medial Branch Block? I had one in Sept, it worked...now having a Radio Frequency Lesioning Procedure on Thursday...wondering if anyone's had it done and what their experience was? They're telling me I shouldn't have any pain but the Medial was very painful and put me in a flare for a month and in pain all throughout.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

Hi....I did not have either....may I ask what ur DX is? U mentioned u had a flare, I imagine it was a flare of pain, and depending on ur issues  it may help us understand what u r going thru....
The flare was from the Medial Branch Block...I have Fibromyalgia, an open ended diagnosis of Spondyloarthropathy..possible Ankylosing Spondylitis, I have masses on my cervical spine, a mass in my liver, masses on my lumbar spine, chronic migraines, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.....I've had countless MRI's and the last lumbar spine one they said there was so much swelling they couldn't see it clearly....

And they do not know what the masses are? The flare was triggered by the block, but it was a fibro flare and that is what I wanted to know what ur DX was....

Did u have a brain MRI as well? Just wondering......did they check u for ne other conditions that  may be causing the pain? Reason I ask is I was dx'd yrs ago with fibro too, but 3 yrs ago I was dx'd with  Ehlers-Danlos....it is a connective tissue disorder and can cause issues with the disks in the spine and cause HA's.....
They did and said they didn't see anything.....did they see something on yours?  The increase in the headaches, the severity of them....the nausea that's no longer being controlled by the anti nausea meds (chemo patients use it, it's that strong)....it's all getting worse....OMG and the fatigue...it's horrible

Yes, I was dx'd with Chiari malformation....many times this condition is overlooked as an incidential finding and y I stress to get copies of ur MRI and the reports so u can get a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

I was also dx'd with tethered cord, cervical spinal stinosis, mild scoliosis, bulging disks, DDD and ehlers-danlos....