Spina bifida
Ok, I'm 19&1/2 wks pregnant and i'm 35 years old. I had an ultrasound done and the dr. thought that he seen a small opening in the lower part of the baby's spine. The dr recommended that I get an aminio done which I did. I called the dr. today. The genetic counselor said  that the official report has not came down yet but my afp levels were significantly high she said the levels should be around a 2, mine was at 10 which confirms that my baby has spina bifida. is that test 100% pos. If not what other factors could make my afp levels high

Hi,  I am not a specialist or a medical professional so I will only tell u what I know and suggest u seek the professionals advice as to what can be done etc....

I have a sacral dimple and tethered cord, it is a form of spina bifida, but the opening did close....from what I have read about it, they can do in the womb surgery to help close the area....keep in mind each case is different and not all drs may be experienced to do this....u will have to do research to see if it is possible in ur case, and to see if u have a Dr that can do it and if ur ins covers it.

Wishing u and ur little one all the best <3
Hi I was just reading your post and I an going through the same thing. I am 39 and 19 wks pregnant. my levels came back very high and I go for my ultrasound on Monday. I an a nervous wreck everything was normal on my first ultrasound. I was just wondering if that happened with you. I wish you the best of luck.