Step Parenting Community
7 years and counting...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

7 years and counting...

I am sure I have bored my friends with my problems so I thought maybe anyone with a similar life would have some advice.
Me and dad aren't really married but been together for 7 years. I have been around his son since day 1 and accepted him as my own and so has my family. Recently due to his mothers poor choices, we have won primary custody. I know its a big change but almost a year now and he seems miserable here still. He went from a home where he could do anything and everything he wanted, where he was in charge, getting in trouble; failing school and now of course to him we have turned his life upside down and he doesn't know for the better. His grades have improved greatly, no more trips to principals office, no more referrals but he just seems sad. I know he misses his mom because he is definitely a mama's boy and here he shares his attention with his little sister.
I just don't know if he needs more time, or maybe someone to talk to that isn't me or his dad.
I feel like partly because he doesn't fully understand why he changed households but we thought he is too young to know the truth, does a 7 year old really need to know how immature and irresponsible his hero his?
I don't know what his mom tells him but I know she must feel threatened if she has convinced him that only she is his family....I say that because I noticed on his school work whenever asked about family he only writes about her, I could care less about me but he should know he has a dad and a sister who love him.
Migosh, if the mum is willing, this boy seriously needs to see her. Asap.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Step Parenting Community Resources