Step Parenting Community
10 month old wont let step dad do anything for her plz help!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

10 month old wont let step dad do anything for her plz help!!

I have a 10 month old daughter who wont let her step dad sooth her, hold her nothing she will push him away and will try to get to me anyway she can. My husband has been in her life since she was 6 weeks old so she only knows him as daddy. (Bio dad wants nothing to do with her) the only way she lets him hold her is if she thinks im gone or clear in a different room. Why wont she have anything to do with step dad? Its really hurting his feelings, he feels as if she hates him. Plz any advice would help
also im pregnant with 2nd child could this be part of our problem?
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1268057_tn?1419171505
What does stepdad do with the baby on a daily basis?  Do you do most of the care and interacting with the baby?

Can you give an example of daily interaction between stepdad and the baby?
Blank
Ya im mostly around her during alot of the day When daddy gets home he tries to play with her or play with her and her toys, but as soon as he does she gets way mad. And when bath time comes he will give her a bath (I cant cause of pregnant belly) and when she bonks her head he will confert her and sometimes he makes her bottle.
Blank
1268057_tn?1419171505
Try being there with him when he is playing with her, when he is giving her a bath and the both of you put her to bed together.  Then slowly decrease the times you are with him and see if her comfort level increases with him.  

Does he play harsh with her or like you play with her?  Is his tone harsher with her than yours?  
Blank
Thank you is helped a lot :)
Blank
1268057_tn?1419171505
You're welcome.

Are things a bit better?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker