Step Parenting Community
I want my Step Daughter Out at 18 or I am leaving

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

We blended our family's in 2001, my husbands daughter was 7 when we began our lives together and I had two boys 7 and 9 at the time.  It has been a constant battle with her from day one - she is rude and has no manners, inconsiderate, has always refused to "follow rules of the family" like curfews saying a thank you ect, has been caught lying, stealing money and pills and other items from our house and from family and friends and ALWAYS denies doing so even when caught red-handed (we now have locks on OUR bedroom doors to keep her out and our stuff safe"   She is extremely smart and gets all A's in school but lives in a fantasy world when it comes to expectations, dreams, goals, expenses and life in general.  My husband, self and both son's get along great, but she refuses to try to get along with any of us....and it is causing so much tension and stress in the family, she is going to be 18 soon but refuses to work, help with chores, won't get her license, meanwhile my sons help  with the lawn, pool, shoveling anything they are asked.  My husband has been using the excuse for so long she is gonna be 18 and I cant make her help, call home, tell us where she is at -  she is "supposed to be working for her dad's home business" but claims employers work around the EMPLOYEES schedule!  Her Dad is now just letting her do whatever and whenever and given up and doesn't care even about how this effects the whole family. It has really deteriorated our relationship. I have told him its gonna get worse when she turns 18 and if it does I believe I am done  since she will be ruling the house even more than she does already.  He doesnt want to kick her out and I understand that from her father, so I have NO choice but to leave and start a new life.  She has been in counseling and refuses to talk to the doctors so that is not a option.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.