Step Parenting Community
Step mom to a 5 year old
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Step mom to a 5 year old

I am step mom to a 5 year old girl. I have been taking care of her since she was 6 months old. Her mother has been in and out of her life since she was little. Her mom has not called or tired to come see her in 5 months. My step daughter   has been acting out alot. She used to be a polite little girl she used to say thank you, please, and be nice to other kids. But the past 5 months have gotten really bad. I had a baby 9 months ago and im having problems trying to lose the weight she will come up to me and call me a fat b****. She will say i hate. She has even slapped me in my face a couple of times. I just dont know what to do anymore. She is in preschool and i have talked to the teachers and they have said she talks about how much she loves me and misses me and can not wait till school gets out so she can come home and spend time with me. She has hit her little sitter and has bitten my little sitter who is 7. We used to be so close. Any one have advice on what i can do.
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
Sounds like the child is angry because her birth order has been changed, i.e. she is no longer the baby and compound that with this biomother being "in and out" of her life.  It's evident she is taking this ALL out on you.

Have you tried counseling?  
Blank
4389860_tn?1353871120
ya we have she went a few times but after everytime she went she came back more angry and started hitting me and her sitter but we are looking to get her in another place and see if it helps.
Blank
4389860_tn?1353871120
sister
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
What diagnosis did this other therapist give the child?  In other words, what was his/her opinion about what was going on with the child?

I would suggest looking into getting this child into another therapist ASAP.

How does she interact with her father?

Seems as if she is acting out only with you and females associated with you, i.e. your sister and your baby girl/her sister.  
Blank
4389860_tn?1353871120
they said it would take up to a year to give us an answer to what is wrong and i meant her little sister sorry. She interacts fine with him until she brings up her mom then she gets angry.
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
It would take a year to get an answer?......that doesn't sound right.  

This child needs help and you need solutions like yesterday for this.  Professional help is definitely needed here.

This new baby has really pushed things over the edge for this child and this child is NOT adjusting well at all.  
Blank
4389860_tn?1353871120
She seeing a children's therapist 3 times a week now and they told up to put up a rule list and chore list and she doing better.
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
Are these the same people who told you they had NO answers for you in regards to a diagnosis?  

Well....if she is getting better that's a good start.  

Blank
4389860_tn?1353871120
no we took her somewhere else
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Step Parenting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity