Stomach Cancer Community
oesophageal cancer

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

oesophageal cancer

One of my relatives who lives in Australia has been diagnosed with oesophageal cancer.  She is age ~64.  I wonder whether any Medhelp members can share their experiences of the diagnosis, treatment and (hopefully) recovery.

Thanks in anticipation

regards
Morecambe
Hey Morecambe!

Well, oesophageal cancer could be of several subtypes and prognosis would largely depend on the stage of the cancer and cannot be generalized. While initial stages may respond well to treatment, the prognosis is often grim in the later stages; while palliative care may also be difficult. It would be best to discuss the prognosis with her treating doctor.
Hope this helps.

Take care!