Stress Community
Body Spasm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Body Spasm

I have been experiencing spasms all over my body especially my leg and my back. Strange as my description may seem when I lie down to sleep I feel as if my flesh is wasting away and I feel my body jumping (not voilently..but I feel it). I am a student and do not sleep a lot.  I have been under a tremedous amount of of stress with my studies. Could the spams and the feeling of my flesh be as a result of the stress I am under or is it more serious?  I have previously had problem with my back. If I sit too long at my desk my back hurt and my foot swells. Could there be a link between this and the condition that I am having with the spams?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It is quite possible you may be dealing with a stress induced physical problem. Many times students at the end of high school or pressured by college can experience a somatoform disorder which converts mental agony into physical pain. However, I am no expert and I recommend if it continues for over a week to go to the doctor. Also, spasms can be caused by dehydration, as I have experienced previously. Drink plenty of fluids until you can be seen by a doctor. If results are inconclusive, see to it that you find a good psychologist.
Blank
458072_tn?1291418786
Also, a magnesium deficiency can cause these.
Blank
Thank you for your response. Thank you for sharing...I am a new user to this forum. The information shared  is very helpful.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stress Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...