Double vision, lack of focus- stress related?
I don't know if stress could cause this but....Recently I have been getting double vision a lot.  It is brief, and is like the two images do a circle before joining back together.  It happens when I open my eyes, or quickly look at  the other side of a room, like my eyes can't focus quickly enough to keep up.  It mostly only happens when I am in class and really tired, so I didn't think much of it, but I have been getting about 7 hours of sleep every night, haven't pulled any all nighters, and it is still happening.  I then thought it may be a psychological thing of "i don't like this class, i don't want to pay attention, here is an excuse..." but I go to UCLA and have always had classes I didn't like but I always paid attention and worked hard in them. It would be very uncharacteristic so I don't think it is that either.  

When it happens I usually go to sleep, i can't read or pay attention because since things won't focus I blink and then they start their circle thing again making me dizzy.  

Are there any medications that can cause this?  I take Cymbalta, Welbutrin and Ambien
I was waiting to see if someone else maybe could give you any answer to this. I do know that when we're tired, we can have the muscles of our eyes "wear out" and our vision can get double. I don't know how common that is though.

I would rather investigate further on the meds you use. Read up on the leaflets, or search for the drug name on:

www.drugs.com

Good luck!

Florena
I have the same syptoms but I take citraplam a generic celexa.  I have a really hard time remebering what I am studying in school.  Like my brain can't retain the information.  Some days are worse than others.  I was wondering if it was the meds.  I don't like feeling that "no control feeling".

I read my homework and go to do my work and I don't recall what I have read.  I was hoping this would of relaxed me enough that I could of focused better.  I completely went the other direction.

Please let me know if you can remember what you read or hear at school.

smerila
I have been taking a low dose of ambien for 10 years as a sleep aid.  recently, I have had incidents of intermittant double vision lasting only 10- 20 minutes.  I had every test imaginable with 2 neurologists and everything is fine.  I have no health issues.  I am thinking, could it be the ambien?
Concerned