Stress Community
Reference range for pm cortisol.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reference range for pm cortisol.

I have had 2 pm cortisol tests done.The 1st one tha results where 21.7 ug/dl and the second one from a different doctor six months later was 19.5 ug/dl.On both lab result sheets they indicated that the results were out of range.
The first doctor who was an Endo never even brought it up to me.He told me I was alright.I decided to retake the test with a different doctor.The results came back and even though they results indicated that the results were out of range(19.5 ug/dl ) and he told me everything was okay.For almost 10 years I've been suffering with very high anxiety and nervousness.Also heat intolerance and excessive sweating no matter if its hot or cold.I haven't got a diagnosis and all the tests i've done have come back normal.my cortisol tests are the only ones that came back abnormal but the doctors never mentioned anything.Do those results indicate a problem or are the doctors i've seen right????What evers causing me problems is having a domino effect on my health and i'm suffering from digestion problems chest discomfort,incomplete bowel movements and body acne and when I sweat,eat anything or get anxious I get fecal body odor.I need to know what to do cause my life is at a stand still cause its hard to do anything.
Here is the rest of my blood work
Cortisol AM: 4.5 ug/dl 4.0-22.0 ug/dl
Cortisol PM:  19.5 ug/dl 3.0-17.0 ug/dl
T4,FREE, NON DIALYSIS*
T4,  FREE,  NON DIALYSIS 1.21 ng/dl  0.8-1.8 ng/dl
T3 UPTAKE   32.9 ug/dl    27.8-40.7 %
T4 TOTAL  8.1ug/dl      4.5-12.5 ug/dl
T4, FREE,  CALCULATED   2.7ug/dl      1.6-3.7 ug/dl
TSH 5.0   0.4-5.5 uIU/mL
Tags: FECAL BODY ODOR, Anxiety, stress, cortisol, heat intolerance