Reference range for pm cortisol.
I have had 2 pm cortisol tests done.The 1st one tha results where 21.7 ug/dl and the second one from a different doctor six months later was 19.5 ug/dl.On both lab result sheets they indicated that the results were out of range.
The first doctor who was an Endo never even brought it up to me.He told me I was alright.I decided to retake the test with a different doctor.The results came back and even though they results indicated that the results were out of range(19.5 ug/dl ) and he told me everything was okay.For almost 10 years I've been suffering with very high anxiety and nervousness.Also heat intolerance and excessive sweating no matter if its hot or cold.I haven't got a diagnosis and all the tests i've done have come back normal.my cortisol tests are the only ones that came back abnormal but the doctors never mentioned anything.Do those results indicate a problem or are the doctors i've seen right????What evers causing me problems is having a domino effect on my health and i'm suffering from digestion problems chest discomfort,incomplete bowel movements and body acne and when I sweat,eat anything or get anxious I get fecal body odor.I need to know what to do cause my life is at a stand still cause its hard to do anything.
Here is the rest of my blood work
Cortisol AM: 4.5 ug/dl 4.0-22.0 ug/dl
Cortisol PM:  19.5 ug/dl 3.0-17.0 ug/dl
T4,FREE, NON DIALYSIS*
T4,  FREE,  NON DIALYSIS 1.21 ng/dl  0.8-1.8 ng/dl
T3 UPTAKE   32.9 ug/dl    27.8-40.7 %
T4 TOTAL  8.1ug/dl      4.5-12.5 ug/dl
T4, FREE,  CALCULATED   2.7ug/dl      1.6-3.7 ug/dl
TSH 5.0   0.4-5.5 uIU/mL
I was just tested for Adrenal Gland problems. The results are not in yet. I know it can cause a wide array of symptoms/problems. Has your Dr. discussed Adrenal issues with you? I know low Cortisol calls for meds. I'm not sure about high levels.
No none of the doctors discussed anything about Adrenal problems.To be honest they didn't know what they were doing so I doubt they know anything about adrenals.All they did was waste my time and money.I really believe tha problem is with my am and pm cortisols being screwed up.My am cortisol is low normal so i'm always tired and my pm cortisol is a lil to high.I need to see if they can be balanced out and if they do I think some of tha symptoms will dissapear.I was supposed to go to see a doctor today but The mobile clinic didn't show up.Now I have to wait a whole week till I can see them to get this whole process started.I'm trying to go fulltime at school for tha fall semester which starts Aug.25th but I won't be able to until this problem is resolved.
If your TSH is 5 you should be being treated for hypothyroidism.