Stress Community
Stressed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Stressed

I'm 24 years old and 10 weeks. This is my last semester in college and I have alot going on in my personal life and i'm extremely stressed. I'm afraid the stress will negatively affect my baby and I don't know what to do. Any advice?
I'm not medical professional, but from one mom to another mom-to-be, at ten weeks, your stress isn't hurting your baby unless it's hurting you. With that being said, if this is your first child, understand that 50% of women miscarry with their first child during the first tri-mester which you are currently still in. If something like this were to happen to you, don't blame yourself or your stress. There are yoga practicing Buddhists that could lose their babies. Things you need to make sure they do (because they didn't do them to me and I ended up going into pre-term labor): If you are tall and thin, MAKE SURE they do an intervaginal ultrasound. For some reason, some doctors won't do this for tall skinny girls. They didn't for me, and I ended up having a problem with my cervix, which could've been detected EXTREMELY early in my pregnancy and I wouldn't have had a two pound baby. Otherwise, don't add further stress to yourself. Your baby will be fine.
You are at a very busy time of your life. The level of stress you are at right now does not sound detrimental to the baby. Every pregnancy is different and if it is something you are pretty worried about you can always put a call into your OB or even the nurse. After school is done for you I am thinking your stress level will come down quite a bit. Women tend to be busier and more stressed out than men and our bodies were made to bare the stress of pregnancy and child birth. With that said make sure you are getting enough vitamins, water and rest. These are very important during your pregnancy and always. Best of luck to you and the baby. Take care.
Mellie~
I've had my experiences with anxiety. stressing yourself out over yourself being stressed isn't going to help with the stress...  If the things that are bugging you are under your control then take your time and deal with them at your own pace. If they are out of your control... well... then its as pointless as it can get to really worry about them. Just worrying because something could happen is crippling and gets you nowhere. My advice would be: Drink lots of water, when you're hydrated you tend to feel better. Eat well and often. I sometimes forget to eat until I get cold hands and feel weak witch makes me more prone to stress and anxiety. Sleep! When I miss out an hour or two, three or more days in a row I tend to feel more stressed. Know that everything you do on a daily basis is stress on the body. Don't matter what it is. Just be aware of your body and mind. Best of luck to you.