Stress Community
stress anxiety someone help please!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

stress anxiety someone help please!!!

Hey guys hope someone can help me! Last year I had alot of health problems, so was a rough year, constant sore throat viruses ECT! Every couple of months I became sick! Saw an Ent specialist in September last year and had to get tonsils removed! My work boss threatened to sack ne as I had couple months off of work! 5 weeks ago I became very sick, constant headaches, dizzyness, eye twitches, body constantly shakes, nausea but no vomating, body aches, breathing so shallow at times I feel like I'm not breathing at all! Today I'm into the 5th week and feeling the same but nausea is worse! I worry everyday about my health! I have been to the doctors had a ct scan all came back normal, been to the hospital 3 times and had ecg normal! Blood test normal! But still today I feel like I'm struggling going insane and constant worrying about my health and that something is majorly wrong or I'm dying :(
I hate to say it does sound very much like a panic attack. It makes sense with all the pressure you are under. Try meditation when you get home and relaxation exercises and just exercises. Also, biofeedback breathing exercises help for anxiety. It is possible you have a migraine variant. I used to throw up with shakes but only at night. It was found that I had migraines (with no severe headache) by an electroencephalogram) or EEG. A neurologist can order this for you. They can give you meds for it but if you can control it on your own it would be better. They can give you meds for the nausea at least. Although, they make you a little tired.
Worry, stress and anxiety can cause a lot of problems.

Did the doctor examine your ears, throat and chest?

It could be that you have an infection in the respiratory tract with congested sinuses.  It could be a bacterial or viral infection or some food poisoning.

Is there any possibility that you may be pregnant?

The eye twitching does sound very much like you are going through a nervous time at the moment and worry will not help.  It will just exacerbate any problems that you already have.

Ensure that you have a healthy and well balanced diet.  Keep a diary of everything that you eat and drink to find out if there is an intolerance to some food.  Eat small amounts of food more often rather than a large meal.  Cut out processed and sugary foods and cut out the fizzy drinks and alcohol (if you drink any).  Do not eat fried and highly spiced foods because these could be affecting your stomach and making you feel ill.

The nausea and shakes could be from a tummy bug, or your sugar levels dropping too low.  Have you had a blood test to check for diabetes?  The breathing problem may be due to a bacterial or viral problem and allergy or a condition called  asthma.  A lung function test would show whether you have a problem.

Make sure that you drink plenty of water so that you do not become dehydrated.  Get plenty of rest and if you are still feeling unwell, make an appointment to see the doctor again to check for any respiratory and gastric problems.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
doctor checked my throat which he thought was clear, eyes were fine, ears apperently the right ear had alot of wax stuff in it so he said it could of been motion sickness at first and tension headaches.... hospital thought a virus and tension headaches.... motion sickness.... as the weeks go on it's getting alot worse... the nausea is bad but no diariah just loose bowels, and eating makes it worse. drinking makes it worse.... i'm feeling more out of energy but i am trying to make sure i'm keeping my fluids up although i do feel  constant dry throat as if i'm losing lots of fluids... i have lost alot of weight even though i am eating!!!!! i've lost over 5kg in a month without any reason ?
Then I think you should see a neurologist. It may be a migraine variant like mine. In my 20's I had vomiting all night and stomach pain and no headaches and I would get cold an the shakes. It turned out to be a migraine variant. A neurologist did the EEG and found I had higher than normal brain waves. I was put on Klonopin and have been on it ever since. I haven't had the nausea or throwing up since. But then in my 30's I started getting the classic migraine with aura. I then was given the Imitrex (sumatriptans). Now I am getting severe vertigo and the neurologist and ENT both say it is from the migraine not Menieurs syndrome. So you can see that migraines cause a lot of various symptoms. My CT was normal too. The CT checks for tumors other structural problems whereas the EEG looks for the electrical part of the brain and that is where you find seizure activity and migraines. It is a thought.
mkh9
Migraine headaches can be triggered off sometimes by certain foods as well as stress and anxiety - sometimes no reason can be found.

The foods that are the main culprits to trigger off migraines are: chocolate, coffee, oranges, cheese, red wine.  Some people will have other trigger foods.  A friend of mine has recently found after years of being fine with eating sugared almonds, that any type of nut will trigger off a migraine and she will be ill for the next few days if she does eat it.

This is why keeping a food diary will be a good idea for you so that it can help you or give you an idea which foods are the ones that are making you ill.

I still feel that you need further medical investigation to find the cause of your problem and losing that much weight when there is no reason when you are not deliberately avoiding food (dieting) is very concerning.

I do not know the medical procedures that you have to follow in Austria.  In the UK we have to be referred by our doctor to a specialist.  If that is the case, you need to get back to your doctor with your concerns (or see a different doctor in the practice) for you to be referred to a specialist.

Best wishes.
It seems like anxiety disorder. Natural sleep aids can help you in anxiety disorder. 5 HTP, True Calm are some of the supplements that can help you in this. If possible see a doctor so that you can get the right treatment.