Diagnose symptons: Twitching on/in right side of head just above top of ear
My male roommate, who wears glasses told me that he has had a twitching feeling in his head just above the top of his ear for the past month to 2 mths.  He is only 35, about 20 lbs. overweight, and has had different health issues over the past 5-6 yrs.  He passed out while riding a bike 5-6 yrs. ago, dehydration was diagnosed.  Has had headaches off and on over the past 5-6 yrs. - fiorinal was perscribed;  Palpatations in his chest in the past yr. - determined he has an allergic reaction to acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Sudafed, Excedrin, and other over the counter meds); in April 05 a different weird feeling, like gurgling in his chest - acid reflux was diagnosed, and he's been on over the counter Prilosec ever since, which seems to have cured the problem.  
His chlorestrol is about 158, which was recently taken last mth., and was around that same number over the past few yrs.  We walk 2 miles every night, and he golfs once a week or less during the summer.  Now, he's concerned about the twitching.  I've had twitching in my lip, or eye lid in the past, but don't recall the side of my head.  He mentioned his concern of stroke symptoms after NE Patriots Tedy Bruschi suffered a mild stroke, as well as a friend of ours.  My friend woke up with a numb feeling in her arm, and thought she had just slept wrong, but when the numbness didn't go away, she were to the ER and was diagnosed.  
Does anyone have any similar symptoms, or known facts about his symptoms.  Thank you so much.
I have twitching above my ear on both sides. Has been happening for several months. My doctor felt it and told me it is a nerve. Similar to an eye twitch, except in the head. Annoying, yes. A stroke, no. I was given a muscle relaxer because I am very tense in my neck and shoulders and that is the first step. I'm tense/stressed/anxious by nature. Wish I could say otherwise. Could be in the best circumstances and would still have anxiety. I drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day. I was told steroid or Botox injections (yes, Botox) are a possibility if the twitching continues, but I will seek other options first - massage, chiropractic care, and getting a better handle on the stressors. Maybe yoga?? No needles in my head, please!
Even I have the same twitching on head. First it was only on left side, now i feel it on right side about the ear also. I have lot of tensions in home & office also. But I sleep well more then 8Hrs daily. I am 27yrs. I have never consulted any doctor as it is from past 15Days. I am sure the first reason for it is TENSION, Secondly due to any dieases, sinus etc. My suggesion is Don't Worry, Do not Get Affraid. Be relaxed.
I have the "twitches" too, but I call them "pulses" because my cat's name is Twitch so that's just weird.  I read through everybody's posts, and common threads seem to be stress and anxiety.  I'm wondering about the coffee though.  I drink quite a bit per day - could it possibly be that easy?  I just know that I'm very tired of this and it seems to get worse as time goes on.
i think its possibly a stress or hypertension issue. i lost a testicle 9months ago to cancer but im very healthy now, i weight train, am 24yo male, and i get this twitching on my left side predominantly only after a gym session. i am guessing its because of the stress on my body, the brain is trying to recover from this stress. i also drink alot of water in these sessions and use creatine to help with my workouts. creatine makes the muscles "fire" longer and harder. and i think the muscular firing occuring during my sesssions is probably causing some stress on the brain. however it only occurs on left side and recovers after a couple of hours. my best guess is that this is a stress thing, as other people have posted without noting their weighttraining but a common theme seems to be stress on the body/brain via caffein, pregnancy or whatever. i mentioned it to my oncologist (cancer doctor) at my last checkup and he said its probably just bloodflow/stress after the workout. so definatey check it out people, anything with the brain dont just leave it, but i have a feeling, if its the same twitching i get, that it is nothing serious but is stress related. i would suggest big coffee drinkers to drink less and drink more water. im not a doctor, but i have always been a healthy guy apart from the unlucky fortune of losing a babymaker. hope everyone keeps healthy. cheers.
ok, my temple twitching started after I came back from Cancun.  Before i went on the trip I had just gotten new glasses and i asked them to make them a little snugger as I am a runner and didnt want them to slip while I ran.  

Wondering if the added pressure behind my left ear is causing the twitching?  Gonna call eye doc first and see if this is a possible cause.  Could this be any of your problem?
This started happening' to me a few days ago I'm 16 and this is reallyyyyy annoying! it only occurs in my left ear and seems to be on the bottom of the inner ear. i don't have a clue why it started happening i think its a muscle spasm or something alike, anyway i intend to see the doctor in 4 days and hopefully he will have a solution! i read some of the posts above reading you have lived with it for 10 years + !!! i could never do that if i dont have it resolved soon im gonna go insane! I'm gonna mention snipping the muscle to the doctor like mentioned above im prepared to go to any length to stop the twitching.
About 2 months ago, my twitching started on my upper right eye lid... then it moved between my left and right eye lids... sometimes both at the same time, alternating.  Afte a few weeks, the twitching moved to the sides of my head, both right and left.  At times, there is an orchestra of twitching in all 4 of these places!  It began to subside when I went camping for 5 days with no work, home chores, computer, etc. I have been paying close attention: caffeine and too short of sleeps are huge. I am not a big drinker but last night, I had a beverage, shorter sleep , coffee this am, worked an 8 hour shift behind a computer... and the result was  that the all 4 sections danced up a storm today.  I have also been getting headaches right between the eyes sometimes.  That happened today so I took a 400mg Ibuprofen and all the symptoms subsided.   I am about to make an appointment with the doc....  I am wondering if all my amalgam fillings play a role??? Time for sleep as I am certain that will help.  Good luck to all and try to relax because going mental over the pulsing is not going to help you; beleive me!
I have twitches all over above my right ear if i knock on my head it hurts if i rub my head it hurts if i put a hat on it hurts and god forbid i go to sit down; i dread sitting down cause its the most hardest pain; so i try to sit on stools in my living room so i dont have to fully sit down; if i laugh forget it im down and out with pain for an hour so i make sure to never laugh; yawning and coughing i dont bother covering my mouth anymore cause it hurts more so i just spray everywhere ; it makes my eye twitch where people ask me all day am i ok like im slow or retarded and that definitetly helps me not to laugh as i curse them out
I have had this issue for what will be 2 years next month and in that time have been to my doctor, an ENT, chiropractor, massage, a physical therapist, acupuncturist and 2 neurologists with no diagnosis.  I did recently have an MRI and one of the neurologists says it “could be” some strange form of migraines and has me on a medication to help me fall back asleep while it occurs, but it is still happening approximately twice a week.  Last resort is Botox in the affected area or steroids for the rest of my life.  Before I do that, here are some things I feel might narrow down the problem…maybe we can figure out any common traits between us:

- Side sleepers?
- Use ear plugs to sleep?
- Did you go on a flight shortly before this began?
- Does this begin only in the night while sleeping/resting and then continue?
- Stomach issues (IBS or colitis or any other intestinal related issues?)
-               Do you get migraines?  Occasionally or often?

This is not painful, but so frustrating and annoying and I am exhausted.  I do agree it is stress related and seems to happen more often when I am overly tired.  

They may also send me to a sleep clinic next...has anyone else tried that?
Okay, so here is my 2 cents and I hope this helps.  My twitching was a gluten intolerance.  I cut out wheat, rye, and barley.  It's not easy, but it is worth it.  Good luck!
The right side of my head began twitching last night and is the most annoying thing in the world. It started sporadically at first but now does it several times per minute. It kept me awake most of the night, so I'm exhausted right now. I had hoped I slept it off, but no such luck. I was pretty freaked out, but after reading all of this, I'm convinced it's stress and anxiety, and maybe a lack of something in my diet. Also, i was massaging my head last night, and during that time it stopped, but when I stopped massaging, the twitching began again. I'm gonna try a few different things today and see if anything helps.
The ANSWER may lie here!

I am 29 years old and recently I went to the E.R. for having Atrial Fibrillation. Its the leading cause to having having a stroke. Strokes are formed when blood cloughts are found in the veins near the brain.

Twitching in Veins are signs of Atrial Fibrillation or having a stroke down the line is almost certain to occur.

Ways to help reduce the chance for getting Atrial Fibrillation is by not using any of the Following
1. Consuming Alcohol
2. Smoking
3. Eating Chocolate
4, Drinking Soda
5. Eating Salty Foods

There may be more, but these are the main ones off the top of my head!

TO REDUCE THE CHANCE FOR A.FIB OR STOKE, TAKE ASPIRIN DAILY AND EXCERCISE AND STREATCH OFTEN!

I use Bayer Aspirin, it has the heart healthy sign on the box!

Avacado is very healthy for your heart so eat it often.

I hope my answer is correct and will help everyone out!
Well I have to admit I did not read all of the posts cuz there are so many. I did see one that talked about increased blood flow and I am hoping that is what it is for me. I do not have health insurance and I can not go to the doctor right now but I think they are a crock anyway.

I have had this twitching on the right side of my head since I started eliminating wheat from my diet. I tested allregic to 4 pages of allergies and went through h*$! with ENT and many other specialists at the time. Like I said CROCK! Whole Wheat bread was the only thing that I ever noticed definately having a reaction to. So I decided to try elminating all of wheat to see what happens. I did not even realize that I was retaining so much fluid in my skin and it immediately went away. Two days after doing the diet I had to take my rings off for zumba cuz they were going to fly across the room. My eyes were even swelling around them and it has disappeared. I feel like my sinuses are starting to clear out and am hoping that is why I am feeling this sensation above my right ear! Its been 10 days now without wheat My skin was breaking out horribly on my chest back arms neck behind ears and face which is why I started the diet. It is definately clear up as well.

Thats my feedback!
Even I had the same feeling for the first time today...
I have had right ear and eye contractions for over 5 yrs. In 08 had ct scan and ultra sound of head and neck. This year 5 different MRI's. One neurologist thought focal seizures, another  thought movement disorder. ENT scope of throat. EEG.  All testing within normal limits. Chiropractor focus on loss of curve in cervical spine. Tried 3 anti-convulsant meds. No results. Spasm is constant, awake asleep. More intense when tired. Had a botox injection yesterday. Already significant results. I was focused on finding out "Why", but now after 1 day of minimal activity I could settle for any solution, even if superficial and or temporary. Please post any updates in your own search for solutions. Thank you.
Here is a good read about a condition mentioned earlier called Occipital Neuralgia, this sounds like our diagnosis folks! http://www.bettermedicine.com/article/occipital-neuralgia
Seems it is brought on by stress, alcohol and or caffeine according to our posts. I started getting this last night, and since Aneuryms run in my family...I figured I better find out ASAP. Mine is kinda between my left ear and temple on my scalp, first I thought it was a bug of some sort like lice, but I keep getting it in the exact same spot, so I checked it out in the mirror, saw nothing..then came in here to investigate. As described earlier..it feels like lightning.
I have had one of the worst months of my life and kinda had a breakdown, so the stress level is there like the rest of you, I also drank last night, and have what feels like a pinched nerve in the spine of my neck for a couple of years now. Initially ..I thought it had to do with my veins, since I also seem to have crazy femeral artery action happening lately as well as the vein in the back of my calf. It sticks out and throbs more than usual.
http://www.bettermedicine.com/article/occipital-neuralgia
I have had a twitch in my temple area for 3-4 months now... It's not painful just annoying and causes me to not be able to fall asleep at night. I have good days and bad days. A good day would be twitching for about 25% of my day. A bad day (like today) is about 80% of my day I'm twitching. My doctor did a thyroid blood test which was negative. MRI/CT Scans in the past were negative. I have no other symptoms but this. I'm about 20-25 lbs overweight but nothing serious. My diet isn't that bad, mainly protein (chicken, fish, etc). Not a big coffee or alcohol drinker.

I may see the chiropractor soon because I've had some neck pain. I'm not sure if it's related like some folks have suggested above.

The good news is my doctor isn't concerned. And we're all still here, so I'm thinking it's not serious, just really annoying.
i am 23 years old, nearly 4 years ago pain started in right cerebral hemisphere and pain is intensifying  with time period, i visited many doctors..neurologist, ENT DOCTORS, EYE SPECIALIST, EAC h gave me diff type prescription, and i didnt felt relief, pain was felt when i was having any kind of mental stress be it with study(1 hour only), a very good neurologist prescribed me tricyclic antidepressants which i took for around 7 months, pain wasnt cured , same problem arised even of watching 20-30  minutes video, studying for small duration ..............SO IWAS NOT SATISFIED WITH MY CURE, I STOPPED TAKING MEDICINE  , .......NOW JUST ABOVE MY RIGHT EAR THERE IS LOT OF NERVE TWITCHING AND I FEEL IF SOMEONE IS ROTATING MY HEAD LIGHT(SOMETIMES PRESSURE IN MY BRAIN GOES SO MUCH), PAIN IS THROUGHOUT DAY AND NIGHT AND IA AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT IT, EARLIER I USED TO NEGLECT IT THINKING A TIME WILL COME WHEN I WILL BE OK, BUT NOW ITS UNBEARABLE............SOMETIME I FEEL VERY ANXIOUS AND DEPRESSED.....CT SCAN AND BAER  TEST AND MRI HAVE BEEN DONE AND ALL REPORTS WAS NORMAL......................PLZ PLZ PLZ , IF ICAN HAVE A GOOD SUGGESTION I WILL BE NOT ONLY THANKFUL BUT CONSIDER HIM/HER NEXT TO GOD....
Follow this breathing technique to calm the brain. Do it for 30 minutes, twice a day, with the eyes closed, and concentrate on the third eye (between the two eye brows). This is a gradual process, so allow weeks and let me know when you notice a difference.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
October 30, 2011
i know what you all mean i thought it might be were i was wearing sun glasses at work but its been about 2 months since i wore any at all and it still happens sometimes it will go a day or two without doing anythig at all but then it happens again like its doing right now but instead of just being on the right side of my temple it happens on both sides this is very aggravating.
I am having these twitches in my head also. it comes on the left or right side of my head. I also feel like a pouring sensation in my head and that is fan is going in my left ear. It is a buzzing sound in my right ear. I also feeling twitches throughout my whole body. I also can hear a cracking sound in my left ear at times when i am talking. I also hear also have weakness in the neck at times . I also get headaches at times. What could this be?
I too have the twitching above right temple, I believe most of this is due to stress and also I don't drink alot of liquids, it could also be due to dehydration. I am 42 and very over weight, but most people on here don't seem that much over weight even if at all. I am going to my dr next week, will
post back
I have noticed a direct relationship between eyelid twitching and using face wash soaps that contain salicilic acid (spelling?), which is a common over-the-counter acne medication. It might be worth checking your soaps and disontinuing any with this ingredient. To be clear, this is not based in any expertise or scientigic data, just on my ow experience. Without a doubt, my twitching was caused by a face soap with this ingredient. I hope this helps.
here is what i have and what i have done. i have a twitch that comes and goes, but since it started, i have constant pressure above my left ear. had one day a large twitch about a year ago, and it hasnt left. been to the gp who sent me to an ENT and Neurologist, both who did mri's and found nothing. was put on blood pressure medicine because mine was high. dont this this helped. went to a chiropracter who fed me a line of bs and i went through 6 weeks, 3 times a week and a bunch of money with no results. only thing that has helped is that i went to phyiscal therpay for about 3 months who worked on my neck, helped me with my posture and stregnth training of my neck. he said that what i have is a bad disc at the base of my skull and that inflammation is causing the tendants that run into my head distress. i dont feel 100% but i do feel better. good luck
Follow the breathing technique in my October 30 ,2011 post to to relax your facial muscles. You will feel  relaxed as you do this regularly.
January 25 ,2012
Feeling the same twitching it is scary it goes in different paces and I think it feels a little  swollen help please
whilst these twitches are very annoying, they are NOT a sign of stroke, tumour or cancer!! i have my neuro surgeons full guarantee that they are not serious or life threatening! hope this helps to relax a few people.
I too know what you are going through because I am out of my mind with worry. My son is 12 years old and has been having spasm for a couple of weeks, He is very healthy, played a lot of sport during the week both at school and at home and the spasm started two  days after one of his football match when he came home complaining of a headache. My son has been taking medication  for ADHD  for the past year without any problem even though one of the side effect is spasm. I have taken him to see the doctor many times and will not stop by the doctor seem to be less concern than I am. I was told to take him off his medication for two weeks but some signs of the spasm becoming calmer, but with him  showing sign of ADHD he is back  on it with me observing him and will have to report to doctor, Even though it is not painful to my son and has not stopped him being active are doing daily things, it is affecting me badly. All the doctor will say is that it will go away. Cant see any sign of that.  
Mine is 24/7 for the past month I don't know what it is I'm gonna have to see a doctor and I'll post the answer to you guys it is a crazy feeling
I think this is a pretty common problem.  I don't know what causes it but I recently learned a trick to help with something else that might help this, too.  When you feel it, take numerous calm, full breaths; 3 seconds inhale 3 seconds exhale; and see if you feel better.  What this does is immediately send a message to your brain that you are okay and your brain will then ease up on the other messages it is sending.  That's the science behind why it works in childbirth. If it works for your problem it's probably nothing to worry about. Hope it helps!
My dad had incredible pain from a twitching nerve on the right side of his head.  His doctor gave him prednisone and three days later the problem is totally gone.
Hi, this is Chris, age 28, from Switzerland. I have similar symptoms like you guys. It started 1,5 years ago when I got rid of my dental braces. First it was quite scary and sometimes the twitch lasted all night long. It's a very annoying twicht right behind my ears. One day it's left, the next day it's on the right side. Anyway, I went as well to a neurologist but all is fine, he said. So, I found out that the twitching starts when I eat, yawn, sleep on the side or when I sit in the office at my desk. I guess that due to the jaw/teeth correction there's some tension which causes the twitch. Perhaps in combination with a bad posture. Next week I'll go and get some neck/face massages, hope this helps... Will keep you updated. Chris
Hey guys! As promised, a quick update: The massages did not work. After that I went to the chiropractor and we did a couple of radiographs of my neck/spine. Well, it turned out that something's wrong with the first and second cervical vertebra. Nothing serious but this is most probably the reason for the twitching behind the ears. He said that pretty much all nervs pass the atlas (first cervical vertebra) and if there are issues with it, it could be that a couple of nervs are affected/caught (however you wanna call it) and the twitching is the result. Now I have to go a few sessions. I hope that this finally is the solution...
I am having the same annoying twitch above my right ear. It started a few months ago when I was wearing my reading glasses at work. It seems to have gotten worse over the past few weeks and I can now notice this even while not wearing my glasses. I would agree with some of the posts relating the intensity to stress levels as I've had an intense month with more stress, less sleep, less physical activity, poor eating etc. I am a side sleeper and it seems to pulse more intensely some nights as I lay my head on the pillow. I am getting back into my healthy eating, sleeping, work outs, etc routine as things have calmed down with work. Hopefully the pulsing/twitching above my ear will stop now. I will keep you posted.
I get it reel bad, it seems to be progressing, very irritable today cause of it, I was thinking may be caused from a tooth that I need to have a root canal on sometimes ur jaw gets a lot of tension  from a problem with ur teeth and it affects the ear and I think can cause nerve problems in that area
These above the ear muscle spasms take a lot out of my everyday life. It just stresses me out. But it noticed I experience it a lot more frequently after eating sweets like candy, cake chocolate.
My neurologist recommend botulinum toxin (aka botox) which could calm down that muscle ("muscle temporalis" just above the ear) for a while. Perhaps I'm going to try that out...
Hi, I been feeling scalp twitching couple of times this week. No pain at all just the twitch. It's very annoying in any part of the body but on the head it's kind of scary. I put my head on it and I feel the jump of the scalp. I read almost every post here and I see stress is a common denominator. I been under lots of stress in the past few months, I got hurt and I been taking pain killers and cortisone shots. Now this ... Does any of you finally got an answer from a doctor?
The twitching is most often not circulatory. Spasms in this area tend to be the same as nerve twitching in other places. Think of it like holding yourself up in a 'pushup' position. After a while, your arms will start to shake. Then when you stop, they can start to have mild spasms. When you sit in a slouched position, your neck is similarly doing a push up. Hunching the neck forward or leaning in an awkward position for extended periods of time can cause upper back strain, neck strain, tension head aches (pressure in the head) and twitches. Try taking some time to lie down on your side with your head propped on a pillow with another pillow between your knees. Make sure your back and neck are straight (not too straight to where you strain, but straight). Then close your eyes and breathe a nice slow breath. Rub the back of your upper neck on each side, this can help with the twitches. Relax all of your muscles including your forehead. Relax your mind. After about 10-15 mins, see if you feel better.

To deplete anxiety rapidly, remember the five subjects each day:  Rest/sleep. Recreation/excercise. Nutrition/hydration. Positivity/humor. Simplicity/relaxation. Focus on them. You can turn it around faster than you might think. It really helped me.

Eat foods like fruits and vegetables, and also fish (like tuna), and nuts (like almonds if you're not allergic) and whole grains. Drink plenty of water every day, about 7-8 coffee cup size cups, you can accomplish that easily by having a simple cup always nearby, fill it when it's empty then take a sip every 10 mins or so. By the end of the day you will have refilled it several times (even vitamin water is good). Drop any caffeine, alcohol or smoking. Watch and do things every day that make you laugh. That last one is very important. Laughing increases the immune system response, decreases blood pressure and helps with motivation. These things all really helped me.

Any health steps are significant and they do make a big difference.  
Good luck!
Guys, me again. I did not try botox (as mentioned earlier above), instead I went to the doctor again and did a blood analysis. It turned out that there was a significant lack of vitamin D. Since February when I started to take magnesium as well as vitamin D on a daily basis the symptoms are almost gone... :-)
I've had the same thing for a couple of years. Generally any twitching or sharp pains on the scalp (for me) result from one of or a combination of the following things:

1. Too much caffeine
2. Lack of magnesium
3. Issues with neck/back from either poor sleeping position, or being in front of a computer 8 hours a day.

Nothing serious and nothing that can't be sorted easily.
I've been having the same issues, on the right side, above the ear.  Slowly massaging the area seems to help.  Also, scoff if you want, but meditation seems to help.  Probably from the release of stress and a constant state of go-go-go we put our minds in all the time.
Toxoplasmosis.
hi
i m  patient of anxiety bcz of your priceless opinion and website i 80 percent overcome it
bt now from three days ago im feeling in my right side of head just above the head vein twitching or bubbling like feelings
i m soo worried about it
i m jobless so i m deppressed from some time,, is the stress is the cause of this?
or any thing else
I having twitching effect on right side of head.
It is not on outside head of scalp but inside scalp, it feels like blood flowing through veins at right side of head / inner scalp (inside). It could be right side brain don't know.
I was ignorant for this from quite a long time ( 10 years may be).
What I did those days is stopped talking tea completely for 2 years and that hot sensation (twitching) stopped 99%.
I figured that too much tea was making that effect. I might have drunk some coffee those days don't remember much. Tea was with milk, tea powder boiled in water and mixed with milk. I realized after few years that it was wrong preparation of tea. Tea should be taken black without milk, without boiling tea powder.
After those two years I started black coffee (espresso + hot water) and didn't had that problem. I use to take 1 or 2 cup of coffee.
Recently I noticed I am having same sensation back and I drink 2-3 espresso coffee (Lavazza BLUE intense double dose) which is morning coffee and strong. 60% robusta and 40% arabica beans. I think if I take only cup of coffee then that effect won't come but if I take two or more then that effect would come. I drink redbull also 3-4 in a week. Mostly in night shift. I also take black nescafe in office. I felt same effect with nescafe. I think coffee or too much coffee could be reason for this problem, at least for me. Another possibility is that when I think much like today I got up in the evening and started thinking about some thing important and had 2nd coffee that effect started.

I had this sensation too on my right above the ear and it feels like most say(but no pain).  It doesnt feel good at all.  Thing is around late Spring of last year I put peroxide in my ears for the first time to clean them but it ended up making me get dizzy at random(like my equilibrium was off) after a few days.  This continued for weeks and so I decided to research it some more but few people shared this symptom with me.  I went on to try it again(thinking maybe I started something using so little peroxide but should finish it via using more peroxide).  It cleared my ears of a weird blockage and the dizziness slowly went away over the weeks little by little.

Then one night in the Fall I went to bed with fresh hot serrano pepper seed residue on my fingers.  i rubbed my right eye and it burned so bad but I was too sleepy to get up so I just frowned and went to bed.  When I woke up later that day my eye sort of twitched.  This went on for weeks and I did the research and blah blah....time passed and its stopped.

February 2015 and my eye started twitching a bit again  just a tiny bit but it sort of stopped.  Now I started to notice the above the ear twitch which woke me up out of my sleep.  I also note that lately Ive noticed my heart beating harder as I can feel a weird disturbing pulse when I sit back.  I take One A Days for men and fish oil daily and I donate plasma all year long(very soon to quit).

I am a man of faith and science so Ive been laying hands on my head and rebuking things.  Doing my research led me here.  I noticed the pinch nerve idea might be the issue because I sleep weird and usually on the right side.  As I read these my head was twitching and I got the idea to tilt my head to the left and massage my neck nerves.  I noticed it stopped for a very long time doing this.  Im not sure what is causing it for me but Im using this as a blessing to educate myself, help others, and push myself into better health choices.  I recommend people try the neck massage(on the right side with the head tilted left on the left shoulder lounging back in a chair).  Try doing this for 3-5 minutes and if the twitching stops try massage that part of the head.

Doctors will never tell you this but STOP LIVING IN FEAR.  Dont speak things over yourself...just face the reality of things as they come and challenge them with the reality of you and the sources of information we are blessed to have today.  People 100 years ago couldnt do what we are doing especially 150 years ago.  200 years ago this world looked extremely different and nations were not so friendly with neighboring nations and the many myths of the unknown and misunderstood world.  Have confidence not in medicine but the ability to oppose health issues not only with medicine but also with words, determination, and experimentation.  

Live with authority being right with the world and with God and you will be determined to do great things with this precious life, greater things when you grow and learn the secrets of life and health of the soul, body, and spirit and even more have the hope of what awaits those who go on to be with the Lord authentically hoping in He who is the source of this intelligently designed life.  If the tiny in comparison moon of earth is distanced perfectly enough that it eclipse the ginormous sun, and even the size of the earth is distanced from the moon so that the earth's size casts a perfect shadow over the moon, we can trust in a being so precise to to be a door to supernatural favor as we tend to the natural if we seek Him in all our research.  Like the body has its perfect order, so does life and the living all have a hope in Him if we pursue it in His Kingdom of Life.

-KingdomvsReligion
Did the twitching go away? I too have been experiencing some twitching on the left side of my head and I've been super stressed as well.
On a tip I started taking two tabs of Cats Claw supplement twice a day, and the twitching on the right side of my head has seem to subsided! Maybe it coincidence, but I feel a little peace now... give it a try and let me know if anyone has found relief as well..
Did you ever find an answer?

I too have a quick pulsing like a muscle tick, but mine is on the left side above my ear.  It usually happens at night when sleeping causing me to wake up.  Vision is blurry.  Ears are ringing.  Mouth and lips are dry even though I drank 3 24oz bottles of deer park water during the night.

I've had 2 detailed brain MRIs which show no damage and everything is normal.

I've had detailed bloodwork showing everything is normal including good and bad cholesteral, glucose levels (no diabetes), blood pressure sometimes spikes but I wonder if it is because I was consuming salty food like triangular popchips.  Normally my blood pressure is at 130 over 84 when I go to the doctor, but my wife took it at home and it sometimes spikes at 160 over 110...but might be a bad gauge since doctors can't catch it.

I do take testosterone injections every 3 weeks to balance levels after having cancer twice and 100,000 x-rays worth of radiation.

I suspect the adrenal glands are malfunctioning, but I can't prove it.