Aa
A
A
Close
Mid cerebral artery stroke
My 31 yr old daughter with Down Syndrome had a stroke two weeks ago. She has lost movement on the right side, Her speech and reasoning  is good, she is eating a pureed diet. I have a 1000 questions with no answers. I am an RN and work 24  hours a week.I haven't been there long enough to take a medical leave.  I am thinking of drawing out early on my ira so I can quit work. I cant concentrate there and am afraid on making an error. she has just been moved to acute rehab. It breaks my heart to see her suffer. I guess I just wanted to get this out. I pray for her healing.
Thanks
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. I hope she is doing well. Stroke can be ischemic or hemorrhagic. Ischemic stroke occurs as a result of blockage to an artery. For this therapy with clot dissolving drugs (thrombolytics), should be initiated early. Aspirin, an anti-thrombotic drug, is given immediately after an ischemic stroke to reduce the likelihood of having another stroke.

Some stroke patients do appear to have 100 percent recovery. And many regain a great deal of their abilities. If the "stroke" is stabilized, and there is no further bleeding or clotting I would remain optimistic.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
18089930 tn?1463095290
For a patient who fully recovers... what is the average recovery time? How long is the initial stay in the hospital?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources