Stroke Community
Mid cerebral artery stroke
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mid cerebral artery stroke

My 31 yr old daughter with Down Syndrome had a stroke two weeks ago. She has lost movement on the right side, Her speech and reasoning  is good, she is eating a pureed diet. I have a 1000 questions with no answers. I am an RN and work 24  hours a week.I haven't been there long enough to take a medical leave.  I am thinking of drawing out early on my ira so I can quit work. I cant concentrate there and am afraid on making an error. she has just been moved to acute rehab. It breaks my heart to see her suffer. I guess I just wanted to get this out. I pray for her healing.
Thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. I hope she is doing well. Stroke can be ischemic or hemorrhagic. Ischemic stroke occurs as a result of blockage to an artery. For this therapy with clot dissolving drugs (thrombolytics), should be initiated early. Aspirin, an anti-thrombotic drug, is given immediately after an ischemic stroke to reduce the likelihood of having another stroke.

Some stroke patients do appear to have 100 percent recovery. And many regain a great deal of their abilities. If the "stroke" is stabilized, and there is no further bleeding or clotting I would remain optimistic.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank