Speech after stroke
My Dad suffered a stroke and it appeared tho only area affected was his speech.  Within 3 days, he basically regained his speech and that lasted for 16 days.  Needless to say we were hopefully for a full recovery.  However after that he speech seemed to regress back to how it was the day after the stroke.  We admittedly took him back to the neurologist thinking this was very serious to go from being to talk for 2 weeks after the stroke to losing his abilitly to speech.  The neurologist did not order any additional test and did not give any explanation for the sudden decrease in speech. The speech therapist agreed that it was unusual to get worse.  Please let me know if this type of occurance happens to other stroke patients and if something should have been done as soon as his symptoms changed.

Thank you.
My father had a stroke several weeks ago and his speech came and went.  They actually said that was a good sign.   During his recovery, they say that the speech is normally the LAST thing to come back.

Also, I notice that if he does not think about what he is saying, his flow is almost perfect.  If he is stressed, tired, or too focused on his words, they become almost impossible to utter.

He may need to see a Communications Disorder Specialist.

Thanks for your comment.  It is helpful to hear that someone else is experiencing the same type of recovery.  

I also noticed that his speech is worse when he is stressed or tired.  

Thanks again!