Stroke Tiredness
My husband aged 62 had a bleed in the brain two years ago and although he has made wonderful progress and is back to his studio sculpting he suffers from the most appalling tiredness and sometimes sleeps for three or fours hours in the afternoon plus all night.  Does this ever go away he is very very frustrated by it!  The bleed was on the right side of his brain and really quite bad although he has made amazing progress in his recovery the tiredness makes him grouchy!

I look forward to hearing your comments.
He probably needs more sleep than he is getting now. I used to be able to do ok on 6-7 hours of sleep pre-stroke. Now if I try that I have to take a couple of naps during the afternoon. You might also have him enter a sleep study to see if he has sleep apnea and needs a CPAP machine.
Dean
Hi boobabee, how is your husband? Probably he is going through a lot of stress due to post stroke adjustments, coping up with job and daily activities of living. It is common for a person at that age to overcome the strain and stress. Comparing to his post stroke days, he might be less physically active now and might be a lessened muscle tone due to stroke. It is better to take as much rest as possible and not to stress too much as chronic fatigue can set in. It is a good suggestion to get sleep study as said by Mr. Dean to rule out any other sleep problems like sleep apnea. Regular morning-evening walk, stretches and gentle body massage might be helpful. You can also consult a neurologist. Take care and share your thoughts.