Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community
My son of 8 months passed away from SIDS.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to SIDS, back sleeping, bedding, breastfeeding, genetics, pacifiers, prenatal care, and prevention.

Hey. I just joined tonight. My son, Joshua Aiden Day, of 8 months passed away the 2nd of March from SIDS. I don't really talk about it to anyone. I don't cry about it, I just stay angry all the time. I feel like it's my fault. Even though everyone in my family or that knows me tells me it's not my fault, I feel like they are just saying that to make me feel better. I miss him so much. My little monkey was the best little boy ever. He hardly ever cried and he was always smiling and laughing. Aiden changed my life and got taken away from me. Now I feel like I have NOTHING to live for anymore. I feel like I was a bad mom... I don't know what to do anymore. Is anyone else going through this.
Hello, I'm very sorry about your little boy.  I haven't gone through this but I can understand the type of pain you must be going through.  I know it's easier said then done but try not to blame yourself.  You didn't have anything to do with it.  I'm sure that you were an amazing mom!!  God just needed him for something special I'm sure.  I'll be here for you if you just want someone to talk to, or yell at :) and get all your frustration out.  Feel free to message me anytime, I'm online a lot of the day.  God bless you!
I am so sorry.  The others in your life can't think it's your fault, it's just that losing a child is everyone's worst nightmare, and nobody has the words for when the worst nighmare happens.  They just don't know what to say in the face of such a shattering tragedy.  You're right to be angry, what happened is not fair.  Have you gone to a SIDS support group?  Sometimes only someone who has suffered the same kind of thing will understand even how to talk about it.    Yell if you have to, rage at fate.  Only when you do that, can you feel even remotely like life will go on.