TTC Over 45 User Group
TTC at 45 for first time no prior children.
About This Group:

For all us woman 45 or almost 45 trying to conceive. Weather it be natural or with the help of fertility treatments.

Founded by plumber43 on February 13, 2011
61 members

I am going to post this on both this group and the 40 yr olds.  Since I have been corresponding with many of you, I am curious to know how many 45 plus women are out there trying to conceive for the FIRST time and have never had any children before?

It seems the odds are much better for those of you who have already had kids, than women like me.

So anyone out there TTC and they are 45 plus please tag onto this post.  Especially if you had success and how you achieved pregnancy (IVF, mini IVF, IUI, naturally).

I am sure there are many others like me who are also wondering.

thanks
Sharon
Hi Honey, there are a number of 44 yo trying for baby #1, and Carolyn is 45 and trying for #1, check out my friends, don't be discouraged! I'm not pg, well technically I guess I am, I am going to stop taking my meds and will schedule my dnc, I really want to start trying again!
Love Mel
Thanks Mel.
When this finally happens for all of us, i think we should collaborate on a  book, then sell it, and donate all the proceeds to women like us who have no insurance and so desparately want to be mommies!
That's a freakin great idea! Ooohhhhh! We must!
Hugs,
Mel
Hi, Iike the idea too.
I am 46 and tried 3 IUI, 3 IVF without ant success. But then I changed my clinic and got Preg with IUI in June 2011. BUT unfortunately slow fetal heart beat in week 7 and there was no heart beat in week 8 and 9 so I had to take Misoprostol Supp to abort my baby. then I had bleeding and spotting for 2 whole months and now  I am ready for another IUI in Oct or Nov. I am not going to give up and will encourage you too to keep trying and If God willing you will have a baby.
Baby dust to you
Hi there!
I'm 45 and this is my first time TTC. Been trying for about 3 months now. Went to discuss options at a local fertility clinic and placed in the 'infertile' category on the first visit, without any testing. Needless to say, the response I received from the doctor was basically that there was nothing anyone could do for a woman my age and that if it happens naturally, come back to see her. I did however push for blood work and have had the basics taken on Day 3. I have yet to get the Day 21 progesterone blood work done, or the hysterosalpingogram done. Its a good thing I can spell that, since I can't pronounce it! My husband is 5 years younger than me. We were married this past July and have been best friends for a couple of years before marrying. For a while I felt sorry for myself that I had not met my husband earlier and had a chance at having a child in my 30's but that was not in my control. Although some women focus on careers first etc, I just didn't find the right guy until later in life. C'est la vie! Very happy to have found this site, with so much negativity out there (especially on the internet) about TTC over 35. I was really beginning to despair!
Looking forward to chatting with you and sharing experiences.
Cheers,
Laurie
stacey10 commented on Grace358's status
Sep 21
stacey10, and journey2motherhood commented on renae176's status
Sep 20
stacey10 commented on photo
Sep 20