TTC Over 45 User Group
WE SAW OUR LITTLE BEAN TODAY
About This Group:

For all us woman 45 or almost 45 trying to conceive. Weather it be natural or with the help of fertility treatments.

Founded by plumber43 on February 13, 2011
61 members

WE SAW OUR LITTLE BEAN TODAY

Hi Ladies
Well we have arrived home from our first visit with my Gyn/Ob.  We had the joy of seeing our little bean with its gorgeous little heart beating away.  
The ultrasound calculations say that I am actually 5 weeks and 3 days.  We thought I was two weeks later (7w2d) but this kinda makes sense as my cycle has been changing over the past 6 months from a 28 day anywhere to a 31 day.
Can you believe this... My husband surprisingly arrived home from work (he is currently working away from home and coming home every other weekend) for our son's 16th Birthday (we had all been out to dinner the weekend before) and it was THAT WEEKEND that I conceived!!!  Gosh imagine if he hadn't!
My next Gyn/Ob appointment is this coming Friday, so I'll keep you all posted.
Sending you all tons of sticky baby dust!
Carrie
x
Oh Carrie, that's FANTASTIC news! I'll be rooting for you every step of the way!!
Oh Honey, I'm so happy for you!
Hugs,
Mel
My BIG FAT CONGRATS and all my prayers are with you for healthy pregnancy and cute healthy baby.
This is also VERY inspiring and encouraging for me because I am going to turn 47 in April 2012 and  I had so  many IUIs, 3 IVF, 2 miscarriages and nothing yet.
If you don't mind asking, Are you 47 and also did you do an IUI or IVF this time when you conceived?
BABY DUST for you,
Hi Ladies
Thank you for your wonderful comments, they are all so inspiring.
Yes, I am 47 (my birthday is Dec 64) and we conceived naturally, without any intervention at all.  I know that we are very lucky (and bloody fertile) as we have had 6 pregnancies over a 29 month period all naturally.  Every time we lost sadly it was due to chromosomal problems.
Amo123 I am so sorry to hear of your heartache along the way.  My only advice can be for you to keep trying.  Mel (plumber43) has a ton of really good advice and experiences which she constantly shares, and by the looks of her most recent success with her donor egg, she is living proof that there is ‘more than one way to skin a cat’ (hope you get the sick Aussie humour in that saying).
Sending you all tons and tons and tons of sticky, healthy baby dust.
Carrie
xox
journey2motherhood commented on Grace358's status
Oct 23
journey2motherhood commented on Scared now...Not sure...
Oct 23
journey2motherhood commented on journey2motherhood's status
Oct 23