If you are someone or know someone who inflicts self injuries, how likely do you think these 7 rules would help you/ them stop?
If you think this is a great Idea (I do!) please spread the word to all your loved ones. You can also draw butterflies yourself (or on yourself) to support those trying to get over self injury addiction.
1. when you feel like you want to cut, take a marker or pen and draw a butterfly on area you want to harm yourself.
2. name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better, It needs to be someone meaningful to you. (I say you can even use fictional characters if you need to!)
3. NO scrubbing the butterfly off. You must let it fade away.
4. if you cut before the butterfly is gone, it dies. if you don't cut, it lives.
5. if you have more than one, cutting kills all of the butterflies. (You can make up stories if you have multiple butterflies. Draw a family! Draw babies! and don't let them die!)
6. another person may draw them on you. these butterflies are extra special. take good care of them.
7. even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. if you do this, name it after someone you know that is suffering right now, and tell them. it could help.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.