Teen Depression Community
A help for Self Injuries: The Butter Fly Project

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

8840521?1360717976
If you are someone or know someone who inflicts self injuries, how likely do you think these 7 rules would help you/ them stop?

If you think this is a great Idea (I do!) please spread the word to all your loved ones. You can also draw butterflies yourself (or on yourself) to support those trying to get over self injury addiction.

7 Rules:
1. when you feel like you want to cut, take a marker or pen and draw a butterfly on area you want to harm yourself.
2. name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better, It needs to be someone meaningful to you. (I say you can even use fictional characters if you need to!)
3. NO scrubbing the butterfly off. You must let it fade away.
4. if you cut before the butterfly is gone, it dies. if you don't cut, it lives.
5. if you have more than one, cutting kills all of the butterflies. (You can make up stories if you have multiple butterflies. Draw a family! Draw babies! and don't let them die!)
6. another person may draw them on you. these butterflies are extra special. take good care of them.
7. even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. if you do this, name it after someone you know that is suffering right now, and tell them. it could help.
0%
 (0) 
Extremely Likely
0%
 (0) 
Doubtful
0%
 (0) 
I'm going to draw a butterfly today!
0%
 (0) 
It might help...
0%
 (0) 
I don't think this will amount to anything
100%
 (1) 
Good idea
1 Member voted
I know it would work for me if I cut myself. I write je t'aime (I love you in French) on my left wrist to remind myself that I AM a good person and shouldn't feel bad about myself
mishymoshymarcy Had 2 nights of less than 5... Comment
52 mins ago
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
4 hrs ago by char1234vass
minstrel59 commented on What Everyone Should ...
Mood Tracker
Track Mood Symptoms