Teen Depression Community
Am I depressed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Am I depressed?

Can someone please help me. i need some clarity.
I know it sounds ridiculous when I just ask it like that. But yeah. I'm a 15 year old girl turning sixteen this year. I self harm frequently, I don't know if I have an eating disorder or not, but I only usually eat when I'm dizzy. I get headaches and a bit shaky in social situations, I'm scared to meet new people. I don't really know if I have anything wrong with me or I'm just being silly and there's nothing to worry about.
Well, let me be honest by saying that the teenage years are scary, and awkward, and no one really knows what they're doing, even if they think they're 'cool' or 'popular'. If you are only eating when dizzy, you should start planning your meals out. Pick times of the day to eat, and if you don't feel that this is working, talk with a doctor about it. If you are self-harming, you need to look at your reasons why. Is it because you feel you deserve it? Do you feel sad, or empty, and need to show that emotion? Are you seriously considering it as a way out? Usually, self harm is a result of being unable to really properly display your emotions. When you have the urge to self harm, start writing in a journal, or drawing, or anything creative you can do to express your feelings, instead of harming your body. If this doesn't help, speak to someone you trust, or a doctor, or a guidance councilor. You may not feel comfortable telling them what is going on at the time, but give it a bit and you'll be thankful that you did.
I have niece about your age and the teenage years are the most awkward years. The self harming does touch on the depression side and it sounds like you could have a bit of anxiety too. Talk to your parents about what you are feeling and a doctor and ask them about getting on some anti depressants or something for anxiety. I hope you get the help you need. Good luck.
Thanks everyone for your help. The next thing to overcome would be to actually go somewhere for help. My parents don't know about anything an I would really rather that they didn't until they need to. I'm kinda getting worse now that schools gone back, I constantly feel as if people are talking about me behind my back, and most of the time they aren't. I feel self conscious doing basically everything at school. Especially at lunch break and things like that, standing up and going to the bin is like a massive task for me. Not physically but I literally mentally prepare myself.. :/ thanks for your help everyone. X
defygravity21756 commented on 7 Tips to Breathe Bet...
Sep 24
mishymoshymarcy "I came to win, to fly, to ... Comment
Sep 21
daniarcade commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Sep 20