Teen Depression Community
Depressed 17 Year Old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Depressed 17 Year Old

I am a 17 year old male currently a Junior in High School. I have a job a Burger King at the moment, I am so lost right now, my grades have "slipped" up really bad ever since freshmen year. I feel like I cant make it, I want to attend college and make something of myself but I dont feel like I have any help at all. I am living with my grandmother - 3 Years, I dont really know my father havent seen him since I was around the age of 5. My mom has chosen some bad decesions in her life, and isnt in my life anymore. I have spoken with my school councilor about a plan so I can go to college, and what I need to do, I have to retake 7! Classes Online, so I can have a good enough GPA to get in, I am also doing horrible at the moment in my Junior year. I am not dumb or stupid at all, its just I have had so much stress in my life the past couple years I cant see me having a bright future anymore. To add on to all of this my grandmother has been "hounding" me about money for my cellphone bill, insurance bill, I have to get a car soon, I owe her 350 dollars, she always tells me I need to learn how to get my **** together, and budget my small paycheck from Burger King. I just cant do it! I am extremely behind in my school, which I need to have caught up, I have bills to pay, I have a job, I have a really divided family, I have become non social with alot of  people. I dont really have alot of great friends in my life at the moment, I dont go anywhere, I just need someone(s). help to get me motivated. My new friend and hopefully girl friend has been through similar things, and tells me to just stay postive, but I just cant. She is the only thing that I am actually happy about. Shes a senior and will be leaving soon so I dont know what to do. My grandma is complaining about bills to me, behind in grades, family issues, I just dont know what to do anymore. Maybe somone here can give me some good advice, and help me out with some postive ideas.

Thanks.
Tags: 17 years old, stress, family, friends, school, 17, depressed, Life, college, bills, Work
You sound so smart...and you go girl you have a job, thats good it showes your responsible...my kids was working too...it keeps kids out of trouble..your being raised by your grandmother thats a good thing I was...Im kind of old fasioned,but I have wisdom..and that is what your grandmother will always give you although its kind of hard for you to notice..but it will work for you one day..your grandmother is you influnce..although she might drive you a little crazy..grandmothers have a certain way with them...If your mom is not there well she is missing out..on you and your personality..and if your father is not there it is probably for the best...do be stressed out..I know how you feel...but your strong especially if you have a job and your going to school, i would be proud of you if I was your mother...try to help your grandmother more..life is about bills...and she she showing you the right direction...keep your head up...and keep studying you will get there...
mishymoshymarcy I am the same person i was ... Comment
Jul 10
Lena1234 commented on Attention All Mouth B...
Jul 09
the7dwarfs commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Jul 08