Teen Depression Community
Is She Depressed and How Can I Help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Is She Depressed and How Can I Help?

My girlfriend is sixteen; recently she has gotten very sick but it is curable. Unfortunatly though the medicine she's on doesn't do as much as it should. She's also on an anti depressent to help with the pain it causes. Over the past month or so I've noticed a change in her behavior and mood. It's like she just doesn't care anymore and she says things like she's no good for me anymore. I've told her that's not true and talked with her. SHe says it's her not getting better that makes her fel this way. She describes herself as being sad, alone, and no good. I tell her that people care about her and love her. She doesn't believe it and also says she has no friends. We are in a long distance relationship and through the symptoms she's given me I'm honestly starting to believe she's actually depressed. I would just like some ideas on how to help. I've thought about talking to her mom as I am sure she has not told her family any of this yet. So suggestions on how to help?

Thank you to anyone that can help.
First off, your a wonderful boyfriend. You should do exactly what you were saying. Talk to her about it and let her parents know your concerns. You may worry that things will backfire, but what can happen if you don't speak up? She needs to know she's cared about, that you notice her sadness and apathy and how you feel about it.
mishymoshymarcy I dont think you understand... Comment
1 hr ago
Tinamarie2015 commented on Take Charge of Your H...
Mar 29
KylieRMs_momma Hi everyone! Havent been on... Comment
Mar 28