Teen Depression Community
What should I do? I think I'm depressed.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I'm a seventeen year old girl and I think I might be depressed. I don't do drugs or drink any alcohol, and I don't cut myself. I am a fairly popular kid in highschool. I used to think I was normal, but I just realised today that I haven't been acting like myself lately. My grades have dropped (I used to get 90's, now I barely get 70's) because I have trouble concentrating. I have been feeling angry and have had many mood swings that my friends and family have noticed. I cry myself to sleep for absolutely no reason. I often feel very sad. I'm not suicidal, however I have thought about it (just of what would happen, not of actually commiting it). I don't go out anymore, I barely call or text my friends, and I have been a little unsociable lately. I used to want to apply to a very competitive college but now I don't think I'm smart enough. The activities I used to enjoy I avoid now. I was at a concert a week ago, one that I have been dreaming to go to all my life, because they're British and never come to the US, and while in line, I seriously thought about just going home and sleeping. I also have noticed that my sleeping habits have changed, I can barely sleep. My eating habits haven't changed much; I used to be really thin, and I have gained ten pounds, but I think that is really normal, you can't even tell I gained weight. I've been feeling really sad, and thought that the whole world has been bleak and lifeless. I feel like the world is experiencing a great depression, however when I asked someone about if they remember being happier a year ago, they replied that they feel the same.

I do not want to admit to my family that I am feeling depressed, because I think they will feel like I want attention. That's the opposite of what I want. I have been trying to hide my feelings as much as possible but aparently it's not working because people have noticed I don't act like I did before.

However, that being said, I'm not sulking around 24/7, I do go to work, and have conversations with people. So what should I do? Should I try to see if it wears off? I don't really think it is that important or serious to see a doctor or go on medication. Is there a way to cure it by myself? I don't really want anyone to know that I am depressed unless I need to. Also therapy wont work; I'm just not that type of person.
ok, a couple things, the first being that therapy wont work...I used to think the same thing at your age and when my parents finally sent me I HATED IT! That being said I am now 20 and still going to therapy...it does help because you can tell them all about being depressed and not being able to tell your parents. It takes the edge off of being depressed. Next, I would suggest going to your doctor (general physician or pediatrician) and asking them what to do about your being depressed, and ask them not to tell your parents (I'm almost positive that they're not allowed to tell your parents) The possibility is that you can find things to do on your own to help "get rid of" this depressed feeling (exercise is a good way to get endorphins) but if it gets worse or continues for a long period of time I would suggest seeing a doctor about getting medication. There are however plenty of "natural remedies" for depression and I don't mean homeopathic stuff I mean things like exercise, joining a club, that sort of thing. Because its effecting your sleep it is more serious than you would like to admit. Sleep regulates your body and if you aren't  getting enough it could throw everything out of whack. If you don't want to tell a doc about the depression at least tell them about the sleeping issues, and maybe they can help! also talking to people (whether it be friends, family, or even online) can help tremendously. best of luck to you!
Im an 18 yr old boy and i think im depressed i feel like my past is haunting me i hate feeling like that i have suicidal thoughts i feel like people are just putting on an act so they dont hurt my feelings wat should i do?
im a fifteen year old girl almost 16. im just like the other girl almost exactly except im definately not popular in school. people tell me all the time i have really bad temper issues outside of school. in school im quite and dont really talk to anyone. i think im depressed too but i dont want to tell my mom. i dont want to have to explain why cause quite frankly i dont know exactly why. looking back at my whole life it basically sucked so i dont have exact reasons. i feel like i dont know who i am recently and i think that is a big part of it. idk. i just have a lot on my brain.
all of these stories sound like me expessially the first one so what should i do in order to make it all go away. ohh and i ddnt gain any wieght though. but i hide my emotions and always try to act happy, i cry myself to sleep, used to cut myself, and now my life is close to become some one elses business.
teachers at my skul are always up my *** and they just wont leave me alone. srry bout the cussing. but every since i started middle skul i've felt tht no matter what happens i'm always goin to be like this.
but when i hang with my friends they can tell when i'm unhappy but most of the time i get reall sad for no reason at all.
my email to face book is
monte.***@****

if some one out there can understand what i am going through than plz send a request and ask top chat plz.

I say go to a therapist attack it now before it gets worse. You do NOT want to be like me at all. Difference is im 14. If you have someone to talk to maybe some stranger it might make you feel better, but real advice from a licensed therapist will help the most. Idk about you but where I live there are little centers were you can walk in and its a group of girls going through issues too kinda like an AA meeting but your not an alchoholic so yeah its something like that and its great because you know you have a support system and what is being discussed in there stays in there. It can cause you to build really great friendships too.

I think help online doesnt have the same personal effect because in real life you know they are near by and they are telling you that you can succeed and you can be something!

If it helps I believe in you. You dont HAVE to get into an ivy college. Most of them are stuck up anyways as I heard on studentsreview.com

You can get the same quality education and a good job going to a good college , a small one, online courses. Ivy leagues just have connections and as soon as your gone so will the connections be.

(: so just enjoy life and remember there are people who support you!!
im 14 years i have a really bad feeling that theres something wrong with me, im popular in school have loads of friends and the older lads really good to me. i go out a good bit text all the time which is a bad thing i cant go anywer without thinking about my phone and if i have a message. i come home to my parents practilly screaming, if they ask me questions i get pure thick, if they say no to letting me go out i get a really bad anger and think of lots of bad things... 4 of my close friends have commit sucide .. ino its not the answer but im really depressed lately i sound like a spoilt little ***** ino but i really need help my friends being gone is a major thing for me even though i have loads still i cant talk to my parents a teacher or a friend... i dont no what to do..
i know this sounds like a smart allec answer, but go to church.  Ive had severe depression spells since January, and the only thing that truly helps me is calling on god to hold me in his hand that night, the nights i really just want to end everything i can feel him tugging on my heart.  Take this from someone who truly knows what your going through. i promise youll find something there. and i know what your thinking, were a bunch of hypocrites and judgemental arrogant christians.  But i swear someone in there will embrace you.  It might be a person, it might even be Jesus. but nothing else will satisfy you as much as his love because we were carved from his palm to love and be loved by God.  i hope this helps, but remember suicide will never be the answer. i promise, my grandpa would tell me its a permanent solution for a temoporary problem.

i love you and ill pray for you. please hear me out and try it.
it so weird how i feel the same as you do about most of the things you have written. im a pretty pouplur kid, people constinly tell me hpw beatiful i am and how fun i am. see the thing is i go out to partiess and things like a normal 14 year old girl. but when im with a hug amout of people i try and hide this so i dont draw attention to myself. at my friends party last night and i tryed and cover it up but something was borthering me. last nighi was at a friends house and all of the sudden started eatning and eating and i walked to a into the bathroom casually and started crying. i bent down near the toliet and was about to throw up, but then i stopped. i told  my friends about this and all there respone are maybe you should tell your parent, the thing is my parents arent the tpye that would understand, they would t comfort me and send my thyperst which i would dread and all i want is to be left alone. (i have never throw up on purpose by the way)
          i feel like im not good at anything, and i also cry my self to sleep most nights. its not that i have this horrsible life my familys great, i have a boyfiends thats amazing. i just feel like something missing out of me. i feel so hollow inside.  and that there is nothing special about me. nothing im good at.

what do you think we should do? should i see a therpist on my own? should i leave it alone until it feel happy again? please help
I am very quiet teenage girl at school but when im at home im my normal loud self to my family.I have one or two good friends at school but im very shy when they see there old friends and talk to them.At home im always on my laptop watching eastenders or listening to music,when im away from my laptop i always think im missing something that is happening on it but when i finally get on it i just feel bored.
I sometimes sit in my room and cry for no reason i feel depressed most of the time and i dont feel my self at all i want to tell my mum who i know will understand but i just cant as im scared. I know im nothing like my family who are very popular confident people, i feel like the black sheep in my family and i dont know if im suffering from teen depresion or if im just a confused teen.I know i've been feeling this way for a long time but i just know my family might think im attention seeking.Whenever im forced to go outside im always on edge thinking ill see one of the popular kids at my school while im out with my mum i just dont know what to do anymore cd any body offer any advice ? Do i tell my mum and hope she believes me or do i leave it and hope it solves its self ?
I'm depressed for a whole other reason when I was little my mum and dad broke up I'm now 13 and I've started missing my dad I see him every second weekend but I miss him soo much I love my mum heaps aswell but I've lived with her soo long I even get depressed at my dads thinking how painful it's gonna be when I leave him again.  

I'm just soo depressed I also get depressed thinking who made the world and if it was god who Made humans who made him but mostly I miss my dad can anyone help if you could I'd be very grateful to you.
I've just turned 13 and I've started feeling major depression it swallows my life stile ive figured out why I'm depressed it's because my mum and dad broke up when I was little and I've lived with my mum and see my dad every second weekend. I've seen therapists before they don't help me at all. I don't know how I can fix the problem i've thought of suicide many times to escape the pain . But I'd never see anyone again I vry my self to sleep I ring him all the time how do I fix this unbarable pain if anyone can help it will be highly appreciated

well go talk to someone who is able to tell you if you are depressed or if its just something else. it sounds like you might be depressed but im not sure, just make sure you caught it b4 you start to cut or really start to feel like dying, im at that right now and i wish i would of stayed on the med MHRC said i should take maybe i wouldnt be so depressed alot and dont know how to tell my parents or anyone i am. i have thoughts of killing myself everyday. when i cry it can b over anything like gettin dressed and not being able to find something i want to wear and saying i have nothing and gettin rlly mad n upset over nothing n freaking out when ive got so many cloths right in front my face, i'd hate to see you end up like me...

goodluck,
trippie94
yes im depressed to and i just right it all down it's so much better ;] iit gives yhuu a way to explain and express yhuuur emoitons i promise !! im 14 and shuldnt be depressed but theirs so much things goin on in my life and it hurts me so bad i just didnt kno what to do anymore and one of my friends told me to write it all down!! tryy iit!!
xoxo Shartece Thompson.
I feel the same way. Ecept I am the least popular kid at my school. I am overweigt and trying to loose weight. Im going to be in 11th grade and have never had a boyfriend. I am always asking myself whats wrong with me. Lately come home from school berly keeping myself from crying. To keep my family from seeing how i am feeling i sit in the shower with the water as hot as possible crying. I feel like the ugliest person in the world. I dont remember the last time i laughed. I want to be happy again. This school year has been the hardest one i have ever had and i cant wait for it to be over. My goal is to loose 50 pounds by next school year, feel good about myself, and maybe get a boyfriend. My school had about five school dances every year, i have never been to one. I feel like i am missing out on what should be the best time of my life. I sit in class daydreaming about my parfect body and my perfect boyfriend. then i relize that its all a dream and that it is probably never gonna come true. Then i am back to crying. I dont like how my life is. Going. I want to be happy and confident again.
I'm a girl in middle school and i don't know if i am depressed i have been really sad this year and just the other day i was at my friends house and my best friend was there and her and i never fight unless i borrow one of her shirts and don't give it back for some reason anyways, while i was at the party i was having fun just being myself then my ex-best friend came over and was being horribly rude to me and hung out with only my best friend and i just kept calling home to my mom and telling her i wanted to come home and i couldn't stop crying. Later that night we were going to bed and my friends house that we were at was the only one being nice to me then she said that i had to sleep on the floor because the others got the beds. So i was sleeping on the floor crying and then my friend said oh heres a pillow and threw it at me and thats all  had a giant pillow, and now blanket! So i tried falling asleep when i got to cold and went into the hallway where it was warmer and i tried sleeping there i was almost asleep with my eyes closed i shut the door behind me, but then i overheard them saying "what was that noise?" the other one said "What if she died" "then my nice friend said you know you guys would cry if she died.?" Then they both started to laugh. I started to cry even more wishing i would go away to a place far away from anyone, or anything. Then i walked back into the bedroom and i said "You guys we need to talk." Then they said "Okay were all ears." then i said "Why were you guys being so mean to me?" they just said that they weren't being mean to me i just had a really bad attitude, i just said that i was crying the whole time and they said well if you weren't so stuck up then maybe you would have had fun like us. And i just started to cry and went to bed. In the morning when i woke up i had the idea of making them breakfast with my nicer friend, just so they wouldn't be mad at me anymore. (I was sick of crying and wanted to just laugh.[:) So once we were done we went upstairs and told them we made some breakfast for them then they came downstairs and said wow this is sooooo cool theres food and i didn't even hear a thank you. So i started to say that i was sorry and then they just ignored me and i shouldn't even be the one saying sorry. Then everything was just fine and my best friend wasn't mad at me or being mean to me anymore and she said she was really sorry  and we both started to cry and hugged each other, i started to talk about what great friends i have and i mentioned all of them even my mean friend because i was really happy at the moment. But then my mean friend said to me oh all of those people talk crap about you and hate you and they all started a group against you! And of course i started to cry and said, but they are all my real friends. Then she said in a seriouse tone that she wasn't kidding that they really did hate me so i asked all of them and they all said that they loved me, so i just thought she was lieing, but she wasn't she started to talk to them on Facebook and they were all talking crap about me. I started to tear up and i said to my mean friend why she had to ruin my life. (I only said it because i was really upset.) And she said well you have no sense of humor and your always sitting by yourself crying and no one likes you! And then just before i left that house they all said sorry, and said that they al loved me but i knew it was just a lie. Everyday i have to deal with getting made fun of and picked on because i am different. And the only person i can count on is my best friend, to this day all i hear from my mean friend is so in so talks crap about you and i hate that i want to tell her i don't want to be another one of her clones anymore but i already told her that once and now she is trying to ruin my life. What should i do, and am i depressed? Please help me i want my life back.
im  14 truning 15 soon i never used to feel so depresed i hate my life and some times think of suicide but never think of attemting it i hate my life i resently started studying and wanting to have a better furture but its not working i try doing good in school but i have a lake of intrest i have friends alot and im ever wel known at school i allways help people out when there feeling sad but i never tell anyone wen im sad i have a really close friend ive known her for 10 yrs but i still cant tell her anything even though i trust her with my life my mum never understands me i cant tell her anything coz she takes everything in the wrong way she allways tells me that she trusts me but it dosent feel like that my parents are from another country so they dont really noe how use teenagers are my realtive recently said to my parents that im a **** on facebook when i promise on my grandads life im the most inesent person and im nothing like that my parents havent been trusting me and my brothers have not been respecting me i allways wish i was dead or i could run away i hate my life and i dont even knoe what the point in living :'(
hey bubbless no your not depressied that mean girl that hates u is just jelouse that her friends like u so shes starting **** and that she wants u to feel like no one likes u but deep down they do see when u have a really bossy friend like her and she dosent like someone her friends allways have to play along and say they  like that person even though maybe deep down they really do so she can feel good and think shes all dat dw about what any one says to you coz jelouse make a B.I.T.C.H talk and if those other girls don treat u right then u shouldnt be there friend u never needed them before and u wont need them now
[Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities!
Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.]
mwa hope i helped
hey jut here to say if you need to talk message me
Im a 13 year old girl, 5'6 and 150 pounds. Im pretty tall for my age, but i look in the mirror and feel VERY overweight. I have tried to lose a few pounds but it never works. I have never binged, or been anorexic I have never done any drugs, or any alcohol and i have never cut my self. I have been told a lot that I am beautiful and sometimes I believe it, and sometimes I don't. I am a well respected kid in my school. I play softball on 2 teams and I love it. My parents are divorced and absolutely hate each other. My dad has a girlfriend, and i despise her. She is rude, annoying, ugly, and never in my life would i expect my dad to be with a girl like her. My mom has a boyfriend who I like, but is kind of awkward. My mom, and my fathers girlfriend are my biggest problem. My mom treats me well but always mentions my dad and what an awful guy he is and I just want her to stop. When I tell her it bugs me, she gets even madder and continues to fight with me.. when all I want to do is be alone. She says that I am crazy, and that I always act like everything is about me. There are a few incidents which I regret were i have thrown objects, such as a shoe, or TV remote, when she's called me names such as crazy, a ****, a *****, etc. However, she is the only person who makes me this angry and frustrated. The only thing holding me back from living with my dad is his girlfriend. All of these factors have added up and after reading these stories I feel I am depressed. I want to be alone, I feel like I am ugly, fat, annoying, etc., I have had suicidal thoughts.. but am scared of death. My friends haven't noticed anything about me because when I am with them I lighten up most of the time and I am happy, and when Im not, they think Im just in a bad mood and its a normal thing.. but Im pretty good at putting my feelings aside when I am in public. I don't want to tell a parent, friend, or teacher because my parents and teachers aren't anyone I feel close enough too and my friends may think of it as nothing much. I know I could get through it with a little tips, and advice to avoid fighting and getting angry with my mom and her comments. Please help!
hey dw i promise you i know how your feeling it dosent matter how fat some one s or how skinnu they are its whats on the inside that matters i wont lie to you i not fat and im not skinny i like to look good and fix my self up to get noticed but i never do but you know what i never give up some boys some times tease me about my pimiple which i onyl have on or two but i stick up for my self and tell them it dosent afend me coz if i was going to sit there and listen to what they say i would have went and hanged my self im every well know at school and every one gets a long with me but there allways will be those imature people who are jelouse and allways have something bad to say and thats wen you need to stick up for your self coz

about your parents have you ever tryed telling your dad what you realling think of his girl friend or that you really think that he can find some one better and about your mum dw what she says about your dad you know why coz she hates seeing you getting alone with him more im not trying to say it in a bad way but she might get jelouse when she dose shout at you about your dad just dont listen tell her you dont want to talk about him and just go to your room ipromise its 100 times better then just siting there fighting with her coz its not going to get you any were and its not going to prove anything dont take is as a insult wen she swear at you and when some one is angry they say stuff they dont really mean like swearing and sayng that they dont love you ect

you shouldnt have low selfconfidence in your self cause you know what there are millions of people out there just like you and it dosent make you any different then any one were all humans no one is the smae wieght or height were all unique and special in our own ways yh your just like me i allways act normal in front of my friends and poeple no one nows anything about me they all think i live a perfect life wen little do they no i cry mys elf to sleep and 90% of the time wish i was dead or went to sleep and never woke up
hope i helped you and dw about anything just stay strong and talk to your i promise you he would be happy to listen to what you have to say and im 100000% sure your more important to him then his girlfriend mwa tc
Im 14 and i am in yr 9 a school.
lately i have been crying at everything and getting angry and upset for the tiniest things then i get soo angry i think suicidal thoughts (basically just thinking how mch easier life would be if i was dead and different ways of doing it)... my sleeping habits are terrible and im pretty sure i have gained weight.
i keep getting into fights with my parents and siblings and i feel like just screaming because we fight about tiny things.
my grades have dropped tremendously and i think i need some help.
i dont know if i should go to a counsellor or a Psychologist because im worried that if i do have depression ill have to start popping pills.
hey nomigg
you said you've been crying at evrything and upset for the tinniest thing there are alot of things that could make that happen maybe its because of some one who has left you latey maby a good friend any thing i really cant help you that much coz i needed a bit more detailss about whats happening trust mee dont ever think about it because its not gunna change anything do u get bullied at school ? and dont ever think about cutting your self i have a friend who get angry at the most smallest things and thinks she isnt loved and there is no point in living and she has cuts all over her body wen you get older and all this depresion goes away all those cuts you have on your body will only make it worst thinking about what used to happen and wat triigered it and it would make you feel worse i also my self have sleeping habits and lake of intrest in school work you just have to think positive dw every one has those lil fights with there parents of the most smallest things ever your not alone i dont really think you need a counsellor and dww even if you doo need one he wont make you take pillss and its up to you if you want to take them or not  When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
hi, my name is Lilly. i've been through a lot my whole life. i lost my dad when i was 3 and my mom left 2 years ago for her stupid boyfriend and for drugs and achohol. so know i live with my grandmother in an age 55 and older park. i have friends but i dont like to them my story because i feel emabbrassed. me and my sister used to be really close. but since i moved and she moved and now shes a mom she doesnt talk much. the last time i talked to her i flipped out. i didnt mean to i just wanted her to help me. i miss my mom and i started crying and all that stuff. i didnt want to but i dont really have anyone to talk to you know? so anyway she told me i should call my mom and tell her all this and make her my tears and my pain. but i dont know what to do. should i call her and tell her how i feel? or should i write her a letter. shes sober now but i dont know how long that will last. its always off again on again. well please tell me what i sould do. thanks soo much!
im a student im in great depression i cant tell anyone icant do any thing properly.
plz help me othewise i'll scuside.
IM 18!!!  MY PARNETS ARE GOOD BU THEY FIGHT N YELL ALOT MYY DAD IS VERY STRICTEDD!!! THEY DONT LET ME OUT IM JUST AT HOMEE ALL THE TIMEEE!!! NOW O THINK IM DEPRESSED ALL I DOO IS STAYY HOMEE N SLEEP DURING THE DAYY AT NIGHT I CANT EVENN SLEEP!!! I CRYY ALL NIGHT N THINK OF KILLINGG MY SELF ALOT IM JUST TOO SCARED TOO DO ITT!!! BOUT I NEED SIERIOUS HELPP BUT IM SCARED TOO TELL MY MOM CAUSE I DONT WANT HER TOO THINKK I JUST WANT ATTENIONN THENN SHE;LL JUST YELL AT MEE!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELPP!!!!!!
I feel exactly the same. I'm a thirteen year old girl. I'm quite intelligent or my age and I feel like I'm being held down. People irritate me so much, I despsise my mum. I've tried to destress in different ways like listening to music and drawing. I love music and drawing but that solution is only temporary. I even looked into religion but that didn't do anything, I just wasn't convinced, I'm agnostic by the way. I don't self harm but there have been moments were I was about to and I looked at myself and thought 'what are you doing, you're being pathetic', so I just didn't do it. I have friends I love but my homelife isn't the best. I'm not that popular at school, I'm just average but that doesn't bother me. I just want to know why I feel so depressed?! When I'm home alone in my room I'll burst into tears and start screaming which sounds incredibly childish but I can not help it. I think it's down to the fact that I have a severed relationship with my mum and I feel like nobody understands me, (excuse the cheesyness of that phrase). But I definately am cleverer that the rest of the people in my year. Perhaps I'm depressed, perhaps I'm just 'growing up', or perhaps I'm austistic? Can anybody give me some advice?
i'm 16 and for a long time i dunno whats been wrong with me.. i dont go out anymore and dont keep in contact with my friends unless i'm at school. i constantly feel low and so depressed i cry almost every day and i cry myself too sleep every night, i've cut my arms twice and i dont know why cause know i'm left with the scars of the past haunting me, i know i sound like an attention seeking emo that moans, but i'm not, i'm just confused, i have no self confidence, i look in the mirror and all i see are the faults about me, all i see is a chubby worthless girl, as soon as i wake up in the morning i make sure my hair is straightened and my make up is done, i dont go out of the house without my make up on, its like my mask i wont let anyone see whats underneath cause i'm scared people will judge me and think bad things about me, my boyfriend of a year has never seen me without my make up on, and doesn't know how i'm feeling. i'm not a bad person i'm quiet and very laid back i'm never in trouble with my parents, but thats another thing me and my mum dont get on atall i'm a complete daddys girl, me and my mum fight all the time, my mums never said i look nice or pretty i dont think i've ever heard her say she loves me, i dont see my friends much cause i just feel like i cant be bothered to do anything, i just dont have the energy, i'm constantly by my dads side cause i feel safe with him, sometimes i feel like i'm never happy, i can be happy one minute and almost straight away i feel sad again, i always get called moody,i've started too sleep alot and i've gained abit of weight, i'm so frightened of telling my family how i'm feeling cause i dont want them too think i'm just attention seeking, whenever i tell my parents if i have a headache or etc they always say "there's always got to be something wrong with you" so i'm afraid of telling them how i'm feeling. i have all this sadness inside of me and i dont know where its come from and i dont know how to get rid of it, i just want someone too understand    
im just feeling depressed because basically my life for the last 11 years is over. im moving back to my home country which is very far away from ireland, ive made friends here and i know i'll never ever have friends like them again, by the way im 16. i only have 2 years of school left and im thinking when i finish in my home country, that i'll just fly back to ireland in 2 years time. But what really makes me depressed is saying good bye and the chance that i might not ever see my friends again or the girl that i like. when i think of it i feel like im missing out on their lives while im stuck in a country 3-4000 miles away. and also the fact that you only live once and not being able to do what i want to do and be with the people i want to be with makes me feel horrible, depressed. it's all because of the ressesion, i just wish the world didn't rely on money so much, all it seems like is life is all about money, without it you have no life. if anyone can give me some advice i'd be grateful. thank you.
Tell your mom do not wait for it to go away that's what I tried doing for years I'm finally going to get help now but because of just waiting for it to go away it has just taken over my life. I used to be like you I was popular had tons of friends but because of my depression and struggling with it for so long I have made bad decisions and lost pretty well all my friends barley passed grade nine and I have tried to kill myself three times. So please learn from my mistakes GET HELP AND GET IT NOW! If you don't it's only going to get worse. I used to be like you for so long scared of what everybody would think I thought if I told my mom she would think I just wanted to get attention and I did not think I was the type of person that goes to therapy and it would not help me. Chances are if you tell your  family that you are depressed and really explain it to them tell them and tell them how it's affecting you and try and make them understand if you do that chances are they will get you help and they won't think your doing it for attention and if they do think your doing it for attention and they do not get you help which I don't think they will but if they do find anybody else to tell and ask for help like maybe a teacher a close friend another close adult in your life just find somebody. When I told my mom I thought the same thing that she will just think i'm doing it for attention but when I actually explained it to her and made her understand even though it was so hard telling her I felt so much better after and she believed me and did not judge me and she got me help. I bet your family will react pretty similar and you will feel so much better after you tell them. If you do get help everybody else besides the people you tell won't have to know. Therapy will help I guarantee it will make you feel better. PLEASE GET HELP!
Humm, i think am depressed or something like that, I'm not happy and ive not been acting myself lately I used to be someone who loved having a laugh n didn't care but ive changed, I dont trust no-one (not even my mum) plus I cry for no reason.
just to say I do drink a lot nearly everyday, that's probably I cut myself not so long ago and had to get stitches (which am not proud of!)
I do not know what to do, i hate feeling like this i just want to be happy again so i can get on with my life
what should i do?
I feel the exact same as you. It's like for short blips of time throughout the day I'm happy but the rest is dull and I find myself angry and crying by myself in my room :(. I don't feel suicidal I just feel like the world is gray and sad. I'm hoping it's just teenage hormones acting up so I'll wait before consulting anyone
3 months ago, my relationship with a guy ended.
i am 16, and of course you may say that the relationship meant nothing, but it honestly meant something to me. Actually it meant alot to me.

I put my trust and love to him, to have him leave me.
Recently i have been very upset about it, i try to move on, but night and day i cry because of the pain. I try to forget about the past, but it follows me and haunts me, every corner i turn, i see a memory of us kissing, or us sharing thoughts. I love him, which makes it all the more harder.
I have been thinking suicidal thoughts, I have been thinking, that it would make everyone happier if i left.
I don't know if i am depressed, but i sure feel like it.
What should I do. Advice would be really helpful.

p.s This message does not contain all my thoughts, etc.
But there is to much to write about.
I'm 16 and I feel I'm changing and not in a good way. My parents are divorced and I live with my mother. I don't see my father much but when I do, he puts me down someway. I go to a private school and get high grades, I get alot of things I want, I'm quiet and very shy, I'm not popular and don't have lots of friends nor am I a social person. I have low self-eestem and no one notices it, my "friends" that I have tends to leave me out often, they ignore me, or wonder off without me and I don't think they notice they do that. I hate what I see in the mirror, I despise how I look. I watched my best friend die when I was 13 and I've had many other people die in my life. I met this lady not long ago and she seems really nice, thought we would get along well.... then she killed herself. I've been having lots of nightmares lately, like where I was kidnapped or I commited suicide. I feel I have no one I can talk to because anyone whom I think I can trust... ends up turning their back on me.
I'm 20 a girl  . I work . I have the best friends u can ask for and a girlfriend for 1 year so far... no conflicts btween us .
When I turn on a game I lose interest really fast. When I work all I care about is getting out. I sit down and realise how drained I am. I tear up and can't get tons of **** out. I always think of the time ...I'm paranoid about when I arrive at work ...I know when to leave but I can't settle myself to calm down.
Food is my only exit besides my gf. ... I'm very.  Chilled out I have things to do people to see but my confidence and motivation has poorly sunken. ... I buy things to make me happy ..try surround myself with people when I leave I'm back down. .. I see the person who I should be but that person is not coming out. .. I always think I need to see a change of senery but idk... my mom clouds me with rent but I have to pull more hours at work to enjoy myself... my time away from work... I want to say it out loud but I have nobody to go to .... I don't know what to do.
Same here im a 14 year old boy. I am always worried about what people and friends think about whether they're cross or not speaking to me. I have thought about suicide what would happen how people would react would i be missed etc. I never go out i seem to isolate myself and in school well im always worried i always want to have a perfect friendship but sometimes it just cant be. I really just need someone to talk to. On facebook if someone doesnt answer me on chat i go mental i think "OMG what have i done" sometimes i can calm myself down by just thinking well sometimes i just cant be a**ed ! but sometimes it just doesnt work. I really just think that counseling doesnt work i've been before but i just thought that they wanted to get rid of me. I think i just need some tablets or something to calm my mind down to let me sleep and not worry all the time. It seems to spin around in my head all the time. Sometimes i just think that my parents would just be happier without me here and the same for my friends. They could just get on with their lives and not worry about whats going on with me !!! :'(. I really just think sometimes its stress but sometimes its just not worth it. i sometimes think that im going mental and that i need help. But one girl in particular is just amazing (the one im having problems with) i just feel sometimes that i need to change and become more attractive i go on diets that never work i try and act cooler, but its hard to change when you've been bullied for 7 year by everyone you know calling you Gay even though you personally know that its not true. Its as if im not wanted (that where the suicide thoughts come from) tbh i do have an almost perfect life im just missing the whole mind at piece and that one girl and i'd be fine !! But NO i have to go down the hard road not the easy one everyone else seems to go down !

Thanks for this post. Hope that everyone's ok and pushing through. Im at the 'cross roads' trying to decide where to go from here !.

Many thanks
eoj721997
im a 16yr old boy i just attempted to run off with my girlfriend she is now in foster care and i cant see her for about a couple more months and im really depressed over it because i love her to death is there anything i can do to raise my spirit.
i know how you feel and i just want to say that you will see her again. You guys are still young and if she feels the same then you shouldn't feel depressed. So cheer up ok?
I am 15 and i feel depressed i cry every night and dont know why. i always feel like im not good enough. i get upset really easily and am always exhausted and just want to sleep. am i depressed or just a homonal teen???
but praying alone won't help though , God and/or heaven only help those who help themselves , he or she also needs to help him or herself which is hard , i am also a victim of this illness .... sigh , i need help too ...
im ten years old i have some friends and i like this guy but some how i still feel so sad or depressed . can u help me?
I am only 15 and I am getting depressed at school cause the people I thought were my friends are being mean to me they tease me for liking someone and I come home everyday to cry sometimes I wish I was just dead :(
I'm 16 year old boy, I got very good grades in school  first quarter and i try hard at everything i do, but nothing motivates me. i wonder why the **** do i try, where's this gonna get me in life. when it comes to talking to people i always say the wrong thing. out of a million possible responses i say something stupid or off topic that makes them stop talking to me.  i have a few close friends too, and i prefer hanging out them alone rather than going to social events like bonfires, parties, the park.. i choose to socially withdraw myself because i feel bad about me even though i have no reason to. everybody always tells me how smart i am or how good at sports i am or some kind of compliment, but it doesn't make me feel any different.  i'll just be sitting there playing cod or something and start feeling really sad out of nowhere and sometimes start crying. it happened to me today in math too. every day my routine is school, homework, wrestling practice, homework, bout a half hour of free time if im lucky then bed. i work so damn hard, and when i failed this quiz i just felt like wow.. i try SO hard and i still fail? i'm such a failure.. what does it take to succeed.. i'll never be able to. then later that day at wrestling, i wrestled ****** and felt like i lost all my skill which took me 5 years to gain and you guessed it, i felt sad disappointed angry all that kind of stuff. anyways, i feel lonely as **** too. never had a girl in my life. i feel like i have nothing to live for, and more importantly that i have nobody to live for.  people notice my facial expression, and they ask me whats wrong. i cant tell them they wouldn't take me serious they'd just judge me or assume im trying to get attention. i look around and see everybody happy, i don't notice anybody else who struggles with this kind of issue. i feel bad about myself, and used to smoke pot daily, and i'd do this alone before i go to bed. this helped me completely relax and not think about a single thing, and just fall asleep so i could repeat the process the next day. well, now that wrestling came along i've decided to quit smokin it until after the season ends. the stress of being lonely, feeling like a failure, thinking like a failure, not knowing how to talk to people when given the opportunity.. it's piling up and i JUST WANT TO FEEL HAPPY AGAIN. i used to be a really happy kid, the best year of my life was in fifth grade. i talked to everybody, everyone liked being around me i liked being around everyone i was never afraid to say anything to anyone.. i think about that and wonder why cant i do that again? long *** comment and if you actually took the time to read this, it is very well appreciated. please help me feel better, anybody
.
i feel horrible... i feel like most of the time i cant trust anyone... and everyone is just putting on a show, pretending to like me... i am not sure and i am extremly stressed about this thing, that i have to get all my stuff done in one month or i go tojail for 6 months. which will leave my parents to pay my debt.. i feel like if i go to jail.. i will kill myself, but when i think about that it makes me more depressed because i have had a great home for my whole life and no real reasons to act out.. mostly i feel like a burden on m parents.. smoking alot of pot seemed to help with my feelings... but thatjust ticked off my dad, which made him yell at me and my mom, because i constantly "do stupid things" which in turn makes me feel like everything bad that happens is my fault.. i honestly think that as much as they tell me its not my fault whats happening... it really is.
to add onto my stress.. i went to go see a movie because my girlfriend was out and expected me to wait round at her house by myself untill she got back... so i waited at least an hour, so i called a friend and asked if he wanted to see the harold and kumar movie with me, you know... let off some steam by laughing my *** off.. but nope.. i got home. this kid now owes me money, and if my girlfriends mom answers the phone i dont get to talk to her... I FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING I DO IS WRONG, AND I AM VERY CONFUSED AND SAD.
im 15 yr old boy.
hey,
i know its a little late, but if you ever read this you should know that there are people out there who care about you even if you don't think that they do. I used to be the same as you until this one kid in my school committed suicide. not just his friends, but every single kid in the school was shaken up. Its been a few months and when i visit his facebook page multiple people are still writing to him everyday. I didn't know him at all, but when i found out what happened to him i cried for hours. Then i thought that i would hate for anyone to feel that way if it happened to me. Start looking more at the positives in life and don't let the negatives get to you no matter how bad they are. Even if something that is good that happened to you is so small that if can't even compare to the bad that is going on in your life, don't worry about it, it is just good that its good. I hope that you are better, but if not, i mean every word i say in this message. It is the 100 percent truth and i hope it helps you.
I am going to write this because I have nobody I can talk to and I really need help, I am hoping it'll be easier to talk about my issues over the computer because nobody can judge and I doubt anyone will even waste there time reading about my life. I'm only 15 years old and I have struggled with  depression for most of my life. I honestly believe it was something I was just born with but I don't know for sure. Too start off with my story I was raped multiple times my a friend of my dads when I was around 6 and it continued for about 2 years. I never told my parents and about 2 years ago my older sister told me he did the same thing to her... My dad is still friends with him because he is unaware of what a piece of **** he is. I've had to see him multiple times since he stopped doing it and I hate it.. When I was in late 6th grade, early 7th grade I began drinking alcohol, cutting myself and sneaking out.By late 8th grade I was smoking weed, Drinking, cutting, sneaking out and lying to my parents all on a regular basis. In 8th grade I began dating my first real boyfriend and that lasted 6th months. by the end of the relationship he was so obsessive he would even text my sister telling her how he would kill himself for me so I just ended it.  Druing the summer going into 9th grade my friend introduced me to this guy she thought I would like. Later we ended up hanging out me, my sister, my friend, him and his friend. Me and him hit it off and began to talk everyday and I had very strong feelings for him, not love but I really liked him so one night I agreed to stay over at his house and I ended up losing my virginity to him. We "dated" for a little while and then he completely stopped talking to me, soon after that I found out he had a girlfriend the entire time him and I were together and I was crushed. Then in October of 2010 I began talking to a friend of my sisters that we'll just call Eli (Not his real name). He was 17 and I was 14 at the time. We talked constantly for a while and one night he convinced me to sneak out and stay at his house, so I told my sister I was going to a friends and went to his house. He was so sweet to me and the whole night he kept pretending like he was going to kiss me, knowing I would move away to avoid the kiss until we finally did and at that point I realized how much I cared for him. I stayed at his house the night after that and a week later on November 28 2010 we began dating. He was so sweet for the first two months and I knew his past relationships had never gone well because he had been cheated on by almost every girl he had ever dated. Then on New years eve that year I was incredibly intoxicated and for reasons I don't even remember I cut myself, deep and ended up hitting a vein. Luckily I had two friends with me and when one of them saw what I had done she instantly tried to help me and spent the whole night trying to stop the bleeding while the other girl I was with just went to sleep like nothing happened. The next day my friend that helped me and I went to an indoor skate park that we always hung out at because her and my sister ride BMX bikes and that day was the first time my Boyfriend Eli told me he loved me and everything was perfect until he felt the bandages on my arm...He led me to the back where we were alone and he asked about it, even though he already knew about my cutting, and he was so angry. He demanded to see it and when I refused he unwrapped it himself. I was so afraid I was going to lose him but luckily he stayed with me and was just angry and made me promise it'd never happen again. Soon after that Eli began to show me his real self. He was very emotionally abusive and would call me names on a daily basis, scream at me. His outbursts began happening more and more often and got more and more hurtful. He would call me every name you can imagine but after the fight he'd apologize and beg for forgiveness and I would always forgive him. He later began to get incredibly protective and beat up a friend of mine for hugging me when I was crying. He also wouldn't even let me go to the mall with my sister unless he was with me. About 6 months into our relationship my ex, of whom I lost my virginity too (We'll call him Pat) began talking to me again, but Eli told me I wasn't aloud to talk to him but I did anyway and kept it a secret. My ex and I began talking everyday and we became basically best friends and we only became closer when he when through a terrible breakup and I tried to be there for him. Eventually, in the summer of 2011 Eli and I broke up and I was crushed. About a week later my friend (That helped me on new years) came over crying because her boyfriend had broken up with her and he was going to be out of state all summer so she was afraid he'd be with other girls and that they wouldn't be able to work it out so her and I began to bond very quickly. One night her and I decided to go hang out with Pat and his friend. We all hung out and had a good night and hung out a few times after that, once Eli heard about us hanging out he lost it and flipped out on me and we stopped talking for a while but started again and were talking about getting back together. Eventually Pat decided he had feelings for me and told me he was in love with me and was destroyed when I told him about the possibility of Eli and I getting back together. Soon after Pat and I stopped talking but right before Eli and I were about to get back together Pat lied to Eli and Claimed we had slept together while Eli and I were in a relationship which was completely untrue. Eli never believed me that it wasn't true and his exact words were "Slit your wrists and die, I wouldn't give a ****". After that I Bitched Pat out and that was that eventually Eli got over the lie and we were together but not dating for a few months. He had become very violent when we fought and even abusive. One one specific occasion we were having sex and I told him to stop and he covered my mouth told me to shut the **** up or he's punch me and he raped me.. I stayed with him because after it happened he cried and begged me not to leave him, he claimed he didn't know what came over him and it'd never happen again. After that, Every fight turned into him hitting me, slapping me, punching me anything he could. We're still together for this day but now we are in a relationship. I want to leave him but I honestly don't think I could. I know I sound dumb but I've never been so in love with somebody in my life. No matter what he does, I always go back. Pat still occasionally texts me but I never respond. I was recently informed he is being sent to a rehabilitation center and I cried for hours when I was told. I blamed myself and still do. He entered rehab about a week ago and I hope more than anything he gets the help he needs no matter how much I hate him, Eli and I fight everyday basically. The other day I accidently kicked his laptop and he sucker punched my in the back.. he's choked me before, thrown me into walls and I don't know what to do... I need help. I'm miserable with him and without. Over the summer when we were broken up I was intoxicated everyday on either Cocaine, Niquil pills, Weed, Alcohol, Caffeine Pills, Vicodin or anything else I could get. I attempted to overdose twice but both times I lived. I haven't cut in one month and 4 days and I am trying very hard to stop but lately my depression has gotten very serious to where I think about suicide almost everyday and I cry almost every night. I can't tell anyone about all of this and I doubt anyone will read this but if you do I would very much appreciate a friend to talk too or something... If you read this thank you...
Hi, I know what you guys are talking about. My parents have been devorced for about 7 years. Right now I live with my mom, but the entire devorce I have wanted to live with my dad. I'm only 13, and I know your probobly thinking I'm just a kid and I should have no say until I'm older, but I can think for myself. My mom lives with her mom so tecnacally I'm living with my grandama. She's the one that's raising me, not my mom. All she does is go to work the leys in bed all day. She never makes me breakfest, lunch, or diner, its always my grandma. But at my dads house he's the one raising me. And in my opionion, the parent should raise the kid, not the grandma. I'm just going through some tough time right now. I always feel depressed when I'm at my moms. But when I'm at my dads, I always have a smile on my face and em always in a good mood. To get to The point I wish my dad would take my mom back to court and get custody of me, so I could live with him. If you guys have some advise about anything please massage me back. Thank you.
I'm 15 years old and i've been feeling depressed for almost 2 years. I live in a town that has 2500 people and 200 of them go to school. I've known almost everyone there my whole life. I have a small group of friends and each year depending on which class I get closer to them and farther from someone else until the next semester or year. A couple of my friends are attention hogs or someone who gets the guys I like no matter how many times I've said I liked someone and she decides to go and like them as well even if she has a boyfriend. Another is a very bad liar although she doesn't know that, her english gets stupider each year. others aren't as close to pinpoint a certain description. My sister ... is a sister, she is my twin (not identical) that has a bad temper and doesn't act like a sister. Most of the time she says she hates me (especially when I wont do something she wants to do). My brother are regular brothers that annoy their sisters. My mom and dad are nice and very strange, well you don't want to get my mom angry. my dad only gets angry over something big. I've lived in my town for my whole life, moved once only to the other side of town. I love to travel, but we never go any where. I am depressed and I don't know why. I cry almost every night and have an annoying sleeping habit of going to bed late and waking early for school. I have many books but I seem to get uninterested easily for the last two years. I've thought about suicide and actually tried to attempt it, but it didn't work, i've attempted it about 3 times, and obviously if I typing this It didn't work. I used to write songs with a friend but I don't think it's worth it if im a terrible singer but still sings anyway. I love to write but can never thinks of a plot or be able to make it long enough or be able to keep it short. I love art metal, woodwork, sewing, and art. I'm terrible at it but it's fun. I recently got a new camera for my birthday and I had decided earlier that year to become a photographer, only problem I don't know how to get money from being a freelance photographer, so I decided photojournalism, but I read somewhere that nobodies going to be hiring people with only a degree of photojournalism, they want them to be able to make videos instead of still pictures. I don't have anything left for jobs other than my backups that don't involve a camera which are: an art director (although most people from my no good fashion type school says I'm weird for wearing what I wear), makeupartist (I like makeup obviously but i havent understood how to keep my eyeshadow from coming off and going to the crease of my eye) and a hairdresser ( yes way off from camera's but I have fun playing with hair, another reason my sister isn't sisterly, she very boyish with her usual short curly hair but my mom is making her grow it out, she has no fashion sense but she decides to say I have no fashion sense, she is tall and doesn't do anything gurly, like do people hair (ex: my mom's and my hair, or a friends). No one meets my expectation that I always read in books. Obviously if everything had met my expectations I would had a boyfriend by now. I've never had a boyfriend and i've never had a first kiss. There was some dares for kisses on the cheek but those were pathetic. I guess i've been depressed because nothing has met my expectations, but life isn't like that. I've been wishing for a new life, and different life, to be someone else, nothing has worked, waiting on shooting stars, eyelashes, flower petals, and 11:11. i've been hoping the my depression will fade away but it only temporarily suspends it. I goes away when I'm not thinking baout it and then when I'm alone it comes back and haunts me, and I don't know what to do. Telling my parents is a nightmare to me, I mean they think i've at least had a secret boyfriend already and a first kiss. I don't tell them stuff like that so telling them i'm depressed seems like an embarrassment. All they would say is why?, you've always been so happy. they'll star asking if something had happen to cause this. I don't want to tell them because I don't what to tell them, I don't want question pouring out of them like water. I just want to tell someone, maybe get some medication to stop this feeling because I hate it. I don't want the feeling that i'm alone. I don't like the feeling that everyone hates me, that everyone is going to stop being my friend and become rude to me, I don't want to be alone.
You know, the thing is, we're all ****** up. And we're all ****** people who have nothing going for us. I dont want to read about your problems, and I'm sure you don't really give a **** **** about mine. If you think your depressed and going to see a therapist is going to make it better then you're fooling yourself. They don't do ****. I don't really know why I'm writing this, and I probably made you feel horrible. But that's kind of what I do. I'm a screw up. Have a nice life. I wish I had the courage to end mine right now.
Hi everyone, I feel similar to a lot of you guys out there.  I'm a 17 year old girl and don't feel that happy very often.  My home life's not the best, with an OCPD dad (he's super controlling and mean), and I have moved around a few times in my life. Most recently, I moved the summer before sophomore year.  It has been hard adjusting to a new high school and finding new friends.  I'm fairly shy and just feel like everyone already has their circle of friends that they've known since before high school.  I finally have a few "close friends" but nothing like where I used to live.  I feel lonely and pathetic a lot, but I do feel comparably better from the first year when I moved here.  I used to be SUPER sad and depressed and cry a lot, even thinking what it would be like to commit suicide. I'm not really sure how I "got over it."  Maybe I'm just dealing with "it" better now.  I have a few friends and have adjusted somewhat.  Also, I find it helps to do things you enjoy but also force yourself to hang out with people or do social activities, even if you don't want to because it will normally cheer you up, even if it's just calling a friend to chat with them.  I also remind myself of the future I will have when I go to college and get out of this house (away from my dad mainly) and hopefully meet new friends in college (I won't be the only person who doesn't know anyone).  I don't really know what to tell those of you who aren't in the same situation as me (moved to a new school or have a parent who's difficult to live with).  Just remember, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU FOR BEING DEPRESSED! Your life does not necessarily have to suck for you to get depressed, though unfavorable conditions/circumstances certainly can't help and probably make it more likely for a person to become depressed.  Just keep your head up and like everyone says: if you can't get yourself to feel better after a while, tell a family member or friend or get some professional help.  There's nothing to be ashamed of (though I am somewhat of a hypocrite because I never told my mom there was anything wrong). Just remember: this is only temporary; things most likely CAN AND WILL GET BETTER! Take it one day at a time, and try with all your might, to focus on the positive things and what makes you happy. Good luck to all!
Hi im 14 and i am very similar to you, I really want to see a physocologist or therapist but i dont want my parents to know, I dont even trust them. I used to be really outgoing wen i was younger and now i want to live on the streets and be a prostitute. I can barely sleep at night and feel like im not living life to the fullest like other 14 year olds. Im in yr 9 at school and i dont tlk much in class its been like this since yr 7. I feel like my mum is just using my dad for money and she always hangs out with other guys and i once caught her kissing. I love my dad but i think he just made the wrong choice with my mum. I think im depressed i recently bought a dog to help me when i take my dog or a walk to the beach i feel freee and happy. Ive seen a physocologist before but she was a really bad one. I want to see a physocologist that i like and that will understand me. sometimes wen i have nowhere to sit at lunch and recess at school i go to the toilet and try cutting myself, but i just cant do it coz it makes me feel sick. So thats me.... reply wen u get this :)
I am a 17 year Old girl and this kind of sounds like me! Ive been with my boyfriend for around a year an 4 months now and I love him to pieces but we spend so much time together and it feels like my friends have grown apart of me I try and get into activities with them but they always seem to make me feel like they don't care! I have also been through a family were my dad has an alcohol problem and it's really affecting me! I have also been taking the pill and I think makes me have my mood swings too! I keep crying 24/7 to my boyfriend and he keeps asking me what's wrong and I seriously don't know! I seriously don't know what to do!
i am 17 years old and i think that i am depressed. fpr about 2 or 3 years now i have been having thoughts of worthlessness and boredom with life, but its more then boredom. its like my life is so pointless. i stopped caring about school, i used to be a straight A student, and now im barely passing my classes. Its partly because i can't concentrate, and partly because my sleeping is all kinds of out of whack. I always tell myself "i'm going to do better next week".....but it never happens. I get random spurts of happiness, then something reminds me that my life is pointless. I also get very angry with my family very quickly, and feel left out with my friends with the silliest things (i only really have a handfull close friends). Like if i can't have my way with something, i just totally draw into myself hoping that some one will prove my friendship is worth giving me attention. i know that's a little messed up...but i'm just trying to explain how i'm feeling, which is not very easy. I've kind of suspected for a while that something was wrong with me, i used to get suicidal thoughts all the time, and still often think about it, but am not as serious with actually going through with it. I also hate therapists, i think its a load of crap, they're just in it for the money (bad experience about 8 years ago when my parents were getting divorced and my therapist promised everything was "between me and her", but then my mom ended up asking me questions about things there's no way in hell she could've known.) me & my mother also have a very bad relationship, i know she depises me in a way because she hates my father and as a teenager i started to see past all the wrongs he has done to her, because that is between her and him, not me. but she doesn't get that and says i am just like him, calls me a narsiccist, and that is all because i don't support her by defending my dad unlike when i was 9 and very naiive. i feel like all of that has built up, and depression runs in the family, so i know that is just fuel to the fire.

good luck to everyone else, i know this is hard, i just wish there was an instant cure besides suicide, which cures nothing because no matter how hopeless i feel, i know that if i did that to myself, i may not think people care, but i also know they do. its just hard to feel the actual caring right now.
hey, honestly leave the douche bag. think about the long run, this kid is never going to change, and no matter how much u love him, HURTING SOME ONE IS NOT LOVE IN ANY WAY. you can't expect to ever overcome your own problems with that darkness of "love" (abuse!!!!) in your life! HE is probably one of the main reasons you havent overcome this yet. i am sooo sorry to hear about your past with your dad's friend, you should really inform some one about that as well. find some one that you trust and tell them everything, let it all out. stop hurting yourself to make up for the pain other people are making you feel. i know its so hard, but you have to start living your life for YOU. think about how much stress will be gone once the abusive boyfriend is out of the picture. i hope you take my advice to heart, i know how much sometimes you just need some one to be there for YOU and only you. i've had friends that have gone through similar situations, i'm here to talk if you need it.
hi i've just recently turned 14 and think i have depression. I've done a couple of tests online and they all think i'm depressed. I'm really sad and lonely and have no self-esteem what so ever. I have a great bunch of friends but i don't seem to talk anymore and convince myself that im a "tag along" and nobody wants me. Last year we had some money issues at home and the doctor said i could be stressed but i've recovered since then. On occasion i do scare myself by having suicidal thought's but i know i would never be able to go through with this. I want it to stop but am to scared to tell my parents or go to my doctor.
you need to go to your dad pref with your sister and explain firstly the abuse you both suffered at the hands of his 'friend', any father would never want to let that happen to his kids (unless he is an abuser himself) and would surely be there 4 u if he knew. my dad and his friends went after a kiddie fiddler when he was around 23 and worked for a youth club (and that makes me proud, geuinely). if your dad doesnt love and support you then you must cut him off too. as for the bf, god run, tell your sister at least, dont yell at her, she was abused too, b ut sit her down explain what he does to you, she must know some as he wouldnt let u go the mall with her, even that is psycho. i appreciate with you history youve never had a loving relationship (any form of abuse, means no love, if someone loved you they wouldnt scream abuse at you, beat you, or rape u) any of these things alone should make u run for the hills, let alone all of them. anyone who loves you could never hurt you, i dont care if he begs or says how sorry he is, run. your sister has kids now, is she in a loving relationship?? once someone hits you, they will always hit you and rape you, i cannot believe anyone can stay with someone who rapes them. please for the love of god tell someone close enough to you who can help. your sister after also being abused is probably best to confide in first, if she says she doesnt want to talk about it, tell her you have no one else and that your bf has raped you, and as her sister she has to please help you. if the two of you can finally talk about it, i seriously suggest u go to your father, not only to tell him what that man did to his little girls (any dad would want to rid this man from all of your lives, you have given no indication that your father has ever done anything abusive, so u really must tell him what his 'friend' did to both of you). this man has probably abused and is still abusing other peoples kids now, would your sister want him round her kids, by staying silent you are not only letting him off with the sick things he did to you both but allowing other children to be abused.

if i told my dad this and he didnt at least castrate the man i wouldnt want him in my life either, personally if my dad killed him i'd give him an alibi, anyone who abuses kids deserves to die. same goes for rapists, such as your bf, he deserves to die. i appreciate the fact that you say you love him and never want to be without him, but NO ONE WHO LOVES YOU WOULD HURT YOU IN ANYWAY, NO ABUSE, NO VIOLENCE, there r good men out there, who wouldnt raise a finger to you. please get awy from this monster before he kills you, COZ HE WILL KILL YOU EVENTUALLY, maybe after he beats you another 1000x and rapes you another 200x. if you said no to sex at any point he would rape you, and you know it, he did it once he'll do it 1000x more.

PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR SISTER AND YOUR FATHER, ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED THEN AND WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW BEFORE THEIR ATTENDING YOUR FUNERAL (IF THEY EVER FIND YOUR BODY)
Not only you
I feel the same as u all. I have had Thoughts about suicide but not commit them myself. My friends don't really understand but a teacher at my school is really nice and I talk to her about my depression, and it really helps. It's horrible having depression it make u feel like utter crap!!
Just talk o an adult and It will definently help :')
I read your comment.  I wondered how you are feeling now.  I hope you are feeling great and are happy with your life.  But if you are not, I would like to say the following.  I dont know if I am right, but to me it looks like you put a lot of pressure on yourself right now.  Its like you have a certain standard of yourself and that needs to be so perfect.  To me that sounds like a very hard task.  

Heaps of love CAtt
Hi, I read your post.  I dont  know and tell me if you think I am right, but it seems to me that your living with a lot of pain.  Your childhood was totally ruined by a man who did something totally wrong and he definitely should be punished by law.  You were a little girl who had a horrendous experience.  One that should never have happened to you.  Little children need to be protected and nutured.  but you, you have lived through a violent and extremely deeply hurtful experience, emotionally, mentally and physcially.  No one should have to go through that.  That mans actions of rape has seemed to have put your life on a path that it was never meant to be on.  I can surely see why you would be cutting yourself and taking drugs, just to ease a bit of this pain.  Because you are not the person you are mean to be right now.  That man stopped you from being the person you were meant to be.  Would I be right in saying, you may still be the little girl who was raped.  Confused, wondering what was going on and why it was happening to you, and what was this happening to you.  its put you in a place where you just think its ok for people to do what ever they want to you.  that you may not have any power.  just feels powerless.  like there is nothing you can do.  i dont know if this is right, but cutting yourself so you feel something.  anything.  that man who raped you took away your feeling.  just numb now because thats how you get through each day, is that it?  I just wanted to connect with you on some level. I just wonder if any of what i have said sounds like what is going on for you.  I wish you all the best CAtt
i have a weird depression, i get depressed when i see famous people on t.v. or in the news...i guess i just want to be famous...i know it sounds really dumb but it makes me get a funny felling inside

im kinda popular but alot of people hate me, im muscular(not at all depressed at my body) but it seems to me that i want to live in a world where i can have money to go on vacations with my family and also be noticed worldwide  
Hey, i think im depressed im 12 year old girl my parents split up when i was 1 and ever since my mum met this new guy ive felt like crap then he moved us out to the countryside which i hate i never get on with him and it feels like i have no free time at all i get up go to school come home do jobs all night and im tired all the time im also a middle child i never have time for homework so i get stuck in detention im always sad and angry..
I feel just like the way all you guys feel. i am not suicidal or anything. but i am only thirteen. i have my entire life ahead of me. i am depressed and don't understand why. I question my faith and sometimes i don't understand god. i cry about everything: letting people down, being fat, being ugly. i just want to be happy. is that to much to ask. iam afraid to tell my family because they might put me on medication and i hate medicine. if you have any advice for me contact me please. thanks
I feel the same as the girl in the fist story but im 13... and i dont cry myself to sleep. Ifeel really sad all the time and smiling is foreign to me. My friends have noticed that ove gotten quiet latley and look like something happened to me. My parents are always tellong me they dont like me, im not even exagerating my dad literly said to my face " i really dont loke you, ypu know what? Were gonna send you away" me an dmy whole family alwaus get into arguments and i feel like ill never amount to anything. I feel like nobady in this world loves me... i can barley talk to my friend, most of the time i dont even want to. All i want is to be happy again and have life be like it was before i got stuck in this stupid funk.
My parents are like that everytime my mums out the house my stepdad just has a go at me all the time and says he hates me he smashed my ps3 up because i didnt clean my room his crazy..
im 14 years old and i just feel like **** all the time, i have no interest in anything, im sad all the time i cant remember the last time anything remotly good happened to me i have suicidal thoughts all the time, i feel like everyone i know would be better off without me i also cut myself on occassion i also drink and smoke etc. i want to know what i should do i cant even imagine telling my parents my dad is distant and my mum says im worthless to my face i dont know what to do can some1 please help
hello everyone my name is michael richards im from colorado springs colorado i was born on thanks giving day 1991 im 20 years old now and currently live in florida!!! the reason i give this imformation away is because i hope someone who knows me will read this!!! i read alot of your comments and i felt like u guys needed a point of veiw from my life!! as my life began to grow i began to experience things i could never understand, the older i got the more emotional i grew inside. my family was always strict on the whole successfull thing and strived for me to become something important in life! i went to school got poor grades most of the time. also was sent to the principles office at least once a day.  i grew up a problem child my brothers and sister hated me andin school despized me as part of their family. i was both phisicly and verbally abuse by my parents, i had no friends or anybody to talk to i was and felt worthless to this world. so at the age of thirteen i had made the decition to run away and never turn back. for a few months i lived under bridges, abandonde houses basiclly any where i could i survived off of someone elses income and had no way to make money. as the months soon years passed i started realizing if i didnt turn back i wasnt going to make it to see my sixteenth birthday! so i turned back and went home. for a while things started to seem ok i wasnt in trouble as much my parents moved so i found a friend to hang out with in the new neiborhood. things started seeming great until my mom and dad were arguing about my wellbeing! me being as nosy as i am was listening to their conversation downstairs when i herd my mom ask me to come up stairs to talk to them BTW this whole talk thing was a first for me! normally when i got in trouble i was beatin till i no more tears to cry., anyways my mom had requested my dad tell me... idk what he was supposed to tell me so i wasnt expecting to hear what i was going to hear. my dad had told me that he wasnt my real father. to my suprise i didnt really suprise me. i always had a feeling i was different from my brothers and sister. so i told them  i was leaving for a week to get away from all the ******** and go think about what lies ahead of me! i never went back!! i decided that enough was enough so i once again became homeless with no job food or money just the clothes on my back. my friends mom had realized what was going on so she took me in as her own son which till this day i could never repay her for. i was finally happy i was allowed to do what i wanted and nobody cared what i did . so i started to get into marijuana. i smoked it on a daily occasion. then i started hanging out with more people and started making a name for myself. but i didnt realize that the crowd i was hanging around with was the wrong type of croud. so at about the age of 15 ,16 i started creating more time for myself which eventually statred making me think alot more too!! i looked back at my recent past and relized i didnt know what the meaning of happiness was it really got to me!! so i started drinking to num the pain.  another year had passed and one day i woke up drenched in tears and didnt know why!! i had then realized that i was extremly stressed and depressed . i couldnt find anything to help make me feel better so i started thinking about suicide.  i told myself i wanted to die because i felt worthless, and felt like everybody was watching me but nobody cared or bothered to help. i started thinking of ways to do it like hanging myslef in my moms closet or stealing my dads truck and raming it off the the mounntain cliffs i even thought of putting a gun to  my head and making it easy on myself  and just simply pull the trigger. it turned me into the person i never wanted to be  at the age of eighteen i had decided i was going to end my own life so wrote all over the internet that i was going to kill myself to my family , freinds and even people i didnt know. nobody cared as a matter of fact people actuallu incouraged me to do it my own mom told me it would everybodys life easier if i was never born!! i took it straight to the heart well watever was left of it!! so i went into my freinds moms medicine cabinet and took all her pills bottles. i went into the the bathroom turned on the shower and began swollowing all these pills i can only remeber a few names of them larazapam, oxicodone, fenigan,estrometaphine. as i took all the pills i began to lay in the bathtub that was full of hot water i looked back at my past and thought of the reasons i was doing this then fell asleep about four weeks later i wake up in a hospital with doctors all over me and my best friend siiting across the hall crying.. i stood up ,took all these hoses and wires off of me and began to walk twards him i had tapped him on the soulder and told him you dont have to cry anymore... to his suprise he turned around and had realized i was standing over him that very moment i felt this feeling in my heart like somone had opened my eyes and and emtpy heart and had fillied it with the things that  matter most to you!! since this day i have wondered if god saved me or if i just wasnt meant to die. despite all the regret and hatfullness ive endured in my life i can say i am proud of who i am today if it wasnt for my past i dont think i would be alive and i thank my freinds and family for that!! so just let my life story kind of help you to realize that despite what  your going through,, ur not alone ... ive been throught it all belive me and to say the least im glad this world is full of chaos and regret hate direspect dishonership un worthiness and down right bad because what doenst kill us only make us stronger and we have had alot of close calls i hope and prey this comment will help someone somday to understand what there going through
Its werid how i feel its simular but different, 3 years ago my parents split i wasnt upset but for some reason things have just gone down hill from there, i got anerexic cose i hated myself and i still do i think im and ugly worthless person at skl im quite and get picked on alot i have my close friends but thier not in my classes i hate being at skl atm i juat deel like crying half the time, at home i dont get on with my step dad we fight alot and sometimes he willl hit me  i just hate him cose since he came into my home everythings changed even my mum its like im loosing grip on everything i lost my mates after i got better from anerexia (anorexia) my whole house has changed and so have i, wen im a round my mates i can sometimes forget about it alll but on my own i cant stamd myself but now my moods randomly changing i will b laughing for no reason then crying afew minuets later, afew months ago i met a guy who helps me but after i got drunk my parents blamed him and my step dad kicked him out my house and made my mum and everyone make sure i never saw him again things got worse as he was my life line i agree tht he did make me start thinking about self harmong but it helped me ao much instead f not earing i hurt myself instead it just meens i can see my mates cose wen i was anerexic i couldnt go out or move cose i could hav died, im easyly addicted to things and have anger issues and control issues after all these changes my grades at skl are dropping masively and im ddoing my gcses now i i smoke and carnt deal without it i drink exsesivley and do drugs and cut myself regulary, i also hav a large group of depressed friends one of them has curentsly been removed from his house and put under 24 hour supervision so he carnt kill himself although i feel upset alot of the time telling how ifeel is deificult i feel emptey and holow like im not me anymore i can barley keep myself on the ground and will do anything to feel better but sometimes i purposeley make myself upset so i can feel somthing but this nothingless i just dont know wat to do i know if i told my mum she would make me stop smoking drinking and cuting which is everything tht makes me feel good and stop me going out to see my mates which are the only things i live for i know without them i wouldnt care about killing myself its only with them do i start to feel normal i know i need help but im stuck i hav no idea what to do :(
bubbles, my heart goes out to you.  I know it seems like you are somewhere you would like to escape from, and you probably feel like you can't take it anymore.  But let me tell you the good news.  YOU are not the problem.  Trust yourself.  If you know you have not done anything wrong, refuse to be treated the way you are being treated.  I bet most of those girls DO like you but they don't have the strength to stand up to the ***** in the group.  And guaranteed she isn't a happy person herself--the only happiness she has she seems to derive from making other people feel small.  WHY?? because she feels small.  I went through this and I had to be all by myself for a while, with no friends at all.  By junior year year of hs I was class president.  Depression?? you may feel depressed, but who wouldn't under your circumstances.  I think you are probably fine, you just need to get through this storm.  You  will survive.  Be willing to take a stand and have no friends if that is what happens.  Tell your friends that you love that you love them, but cannot continue to be part of a group that is constantly talking about others.  You can do it.
ifeel yuh :/
I am a 15 yr old guy in high school,
i have been trying to hide the pain that i just want to let out and i just cant.. im scared about telling any one about this problem because i feel my so called "friends" will just make fun of me. at random times i will just cry to nothing.. and just wish everything went away.. like if you fell asleep and never woke up? thats how i feel. ever since 7th grade ive been feeling this way and my grades have dropped from a & b's to d & f's. i just feel like im seperated from everyone else.
i dont know weather to commit suicide or not ive tried but i honestly dont know what to do with myself im so depressed help me please
i think i'm depressed. obviously im writing on this thing. anyways im 15 almost 16, and i just want to curl up into a hole and stay there. i recently went through a really bad break up, and i was really sad about that, but ever since then i've been upset. i blame the break up for this, but in all honesty it has nothing to do with that. i've kinda always been like this i suppose. The reason for being really upset over this break up is cause i was with the guy for 2 years, and he really picked me up off the ground. back when i was 13 i tried to take my own life. more than once. nobody knows about this but my brother who is pretty much my best friend and my youth pastor. i cry every single night. wheather im with a friend or not. i've lost weight, and i cant ever sleep at night. i don't know what is wrong but i wannt it all to end. my chest feels like it's exploding,. most days im numb, but when i do feel something i want to die. literally, andd i used to be really strong in my faith. in god. i want to believe i still am. but that would be giving myself too much false hope. i am very quiet in school, and i hardly have any friends. okay i have friends, just ugh i dont know how to explain it.    i want it to end. i don't know how to tell my parents, my dad is over seize, and my mom works in a hospital, and goes to school at night. it would simply kill them. but i don't know what else to do, i'm afraid things are gonna get worsee. i don't know what to do.
I am almost 16 nd I am dealing with alot of problems like depression. I need help my parents don't understand and never will they don't even care I just need someone to help me. I have a lot of problems I don't like my parents and my mom's boyfriends acts like he's the boss of everyone please someone help me
Dude i know exactly what youre going through except i have and extra thum so i always think im a freak of nature and my @#$#@@ teachers are giving me assinments that i did and handed them in and theyre sayin they never got it and i haveto do it but im sill getting a 0.
I feel terrible. I dont know y but i always feel that m the most unlucky person in this world... everything turns wrong. I think to do suicide, but i love my family n my boyfriend.. The fact is that whenever i think that now everything will be ok in my life, next moment all my dreams vanishes. I JUST WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE HAPPILY AS OTHERS DO. I cry whole night, my parents n my boyfriend always supports me but still m depressed....... Please help me guys...
This is pathetic..what the hell do you all have to be depressed about? Kids in places like Ethiopia wont even live to be teenagers. I'm 18 years old when I was 6 my father died in a car accident, my mother remarried and I've gotten over it. My grades.. there whatever the hell I want them to be and I want them to be great. Donald Trump once said If your gonna think why not think big? Life is great there are more things to do and experience that can and ever will be done. High school ***** that's the bottom line OK. If your not popular guess what its just an illusion that ends on graduation day. The only kids who are always popular in high school and always partying are idiots who will not even amount to dirt in the future. Suck it up pussies, I hope this helped...
***@****
Email me
EMAIL ME SO I CAN HELP, IM VERY PERSUASIVE AND A TEEN AS WELL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm 13 and I just havent been... Normal lately. I yell a lot and I just cry when ever im alone. I dont want to tell my parents that i THINK i'm depressed. I think it will just make things work. My dad is a phsyciatrist and I just dont want to talk to him about it. I was going through my documents on my computer and there was a lot saying "I wish I woulkd just get up the courage to kill myself. I'm just wasting peoples time, and taking up space." I dont know why... but thats how I feel. I have been having physical pain in my side sometimes is that the cause? Please help me.
Im 17 and i think im depressed i have been feeling like this for over 2 years now and i have tried to committ suicide and i went to hospital for a few days and said that i would never try and do it again because of how painful it was but i lied i do keep thinking about doing it again and for the past few months it has been getting worse i cry all the time but i just blame it on my time of the month im angry all the time i snap at people for no reason i want to break things and scream at the top of lungs! I am a huge drama nerd and i love singing but everytime someone mentions drama or singing i get really stressed and get angry! I have recently joined 6th form and this is mainly where all my stress has come from! I am really quite dumb and havent got good grades in my GCSE's so i have to redo some but i just dont have any motivation to do anything because im so lazy! People at my school dont really notice my behaviour anymore because ive been like this for over 2 years now ever since i tried to committ suicide i rarely speak about my attempted suicide but ever since then i feel so unloved by my friend and family! My mum has a fiance that shes always with my father just seems to forget about me and he always makes me feel guilty about things i shouldnt feel guilty about and whenever i try and talk to somebody about how i feel they never listen or understand they just say yeah and then change the subject!
I'm a 16 year old boy. And i think i suffer from depression. I don't do things to hurt my body, but i just feel sad all the time. Sometimes I'm really happy and just the next moment I'm sad. I can't talk to my parents about it. I tried once but they didn't believe me. I can't sleep much at night, i can't concentrate and i feel like crying all the time. I feel worthless and useless like I'm the only one on earth who doesn't have a talent/purpose. I must say I've been bullied a lot when i was younger. I've shut myself out from the world. I don't talk much and i don't go out much. I prefer being by myself at places where no one can bother me. The only thing keeping me going is the thought that it will be alright one day. But the day doesn't seem to come. I just wanted to say that you all are not alone, we have these problems but the solusion is not to commit suicide! Hold on.. Talk to people with the same problems.
I feel exactly the same as all of you. Mikmik42 is right you should seek out god, especially during bad times. But I'm depressed now from many of the same things. School is stressful enough but plus all of the popular kids just make it worse. My family is crazy it's just horrible. I feel like i'm missing something, my life just seems boring and dull. I remember when i was younger how I didn't worry so much but now this is all I do. My parents put more stress on me. What i've been trying to do is things i've found on the internet. I play guitar so i play in jazz band and i'm forming my own band. I go to a gym to work out. I use all that anger and i put to working out. Even though i'm very skinny i try to eat very healthy this can effect you're mood a lot. Be social. I've always been a great person to make friends, it was very easy for me but now i just hate talking to people. I have to force myself. You should try to be social. Get outside, the fresh air can really improve your mood. Even though i do all this i'm still depressed. When i was just 10 i was diagnosed with epilepsy and ever since then i've been horribly depressed. Now i'm 13 almost 14 and I've had enough. I've always had this anger at something, im not sure what i'm angry at. Sometimes i could punch a hole in a wall i get so pissed off! Ever since iv'e been diagnosed iv'e been angry at this world, i'm not sure what though. I've been to therapy, it didn't help, it just made it worse, all they want is your money. I don't even know why i'm posting here i'm just very confused and depressed.
People with depression can't help that they feel that way, yes you have ways to try to avoid it but it's not something that they chose. Ok so other people have it worse than them, they get that and they probably feel even more worse that they feel this way when they know someone else has it worse. Everyone is different and has different personalties or outlooks in life, yours may not be as negative as others but that's YOU not THEM.                                    Telling a depressed person to suck it up or cheer up is like telling someone with cancer to find themselves a cure. Depression is a mental illness. Just like as if you broke your leg or you got ill, you would have help to get better and that's the same with depression although you don't see the pain that people are in. Which is why people who don't have it can't understand why they would feel that way.  I'm 14 and I'm depressed, i act as the most happiest person at school even when i have really crap days because I don't want anyone to notice the depression, i don't want to be judge because as soon as someone hears the world 'mental illness' people assume you are crazy. You can never fully understand something unless you have been in that situation, trust me. Before I had depression I used to think 'what have they got to be unhappy about etc' but then i soon realised when I had it for myself. It's not a nice thing and I'm glad you don't feel this way but there is no need to say it's 'pathetic' and tell people to 'suck it up pussies'... This is a page for people with depression to discuss their issues and reply to the question above, if you're not depressed then you can f*** off and do something else better with your time. ****
I hear you! don't give up and try to find some help. I'm not an extremely religious person, but you're in my prayers. I hope your current situation is over soon and you can find true happiness :) goodluck
I am exactly the same! the only difference is 1. I'm british, 2. I'm 16 and 3. I have cut myself and I do get suicidal thoughts.
I feel like I don't deserve to feel upset sometimes, my life isn't particularly great but I'm not being abused or bullied, I'm not disabled or seriously/terminally ill. I think my life is ****** up to an extent, for and example my mum always puts me and my sister second to whichever psycho boyfriend is on the scene at the time,
I rarely see my dad anymore and he doesn't give my mum any money for me (she enjoys bitching to me about that fact, though I really feel like she shouldn't be dumping her **** on me too) but he does give me pocket money when I do see him and he is lovely, but I also know that he's unhappy. My mum was his soulmate, even my sisters (who he isn't the biological father to) think the same, and he lost her - maybe because he was actually a nice, genuine man and she got bored of zero drama - then he got bored of his next girlfriend and dumped by his next girlfriend after that. Her name was Kelly, he was so madly in love with her, she went travelling for a while and when she came back she left him. I'm unsure of the details, I was too young to want to find out the details, all I remember is going to my dads and him telling me they'd split up, and then crying himself to sleep while he thought I was already sleeping. Anyway none of that is revelent, its just that since then he's kind of given up, now hes got a new girlfriend and she is so lovely! he's been with her for years now and they are truly the perfect match, they suit far better than my mum and him ever did, but he just doesn't seem to like her. I mean, i guess he must love her to be with her for what...6 years? I mean its been a while. But also, about a year ago he lent me a phone that he doesn't use anymore, i mean  i thought he didnt use it, but like anyone would I read the texts and well basically they suggested that he is gay. I showed them to my friend, without mentioning what i thought of them, and she concluded that he is gay also. Of course I don't care if he is, i just want him to be happy! It kills me when I think of him crying himself to sleep after the split with Kelly, and I don't want my dad feeling like that again, or feeling like he can't be who he really is. my sisters don't see him anymore so they have no reason to believe that he isn't happy with his present girlfriend.
I also think about how I rarely see my friends anymore - but then I think this  cant be it because when all this, depression or whatever, started I was still in school and I still saw them everyday.
So yeah when it started, I was about 14, i didnt notice it then but now that I think back my whole style changed, i wore darker clothes, listened to different music, stopped going out with my friends, stopped talking to people, i mean people would text me or facebook me or anything and i'd just try my hardest to end the conversation. I didn't even notice myself doing it. My sense of humour changed - nothing was funny. My family even started to dislike me, they noticed the changes but they put it down to being a teenager because I was 'at that age'. They thought I was hard as a rock, they thought I never cried or got upset but they didn't know I cried almost every single night until i literally cried myself out. I also used to cut myself whenever I felt majorly upset, like crying my eyes out, not seeing an end to how I felt. It was nothing serious mainly just scratches using like a compass (the circle drawing ones obviously), and i'd get suicidal thoughts alott, i never tried it. I used to think about how I wouldn't see my nephews grow up and they would miss me. But I always thought they would be the only people who missed me. But when I was at school with my friends  - yeah I suppose we were the 'popular group' even though I never admitted it then  - i still laughed and got on with the day, I was a bit moodier than I used to be but I still got on with them and with my work.
I was also crazily superstitious. I used to say to my mum every night 'lights, windows, doors, carson, kizzie, laptop' - it meant lock the windows and doors, turn all lights off except the hallway light, carson and kizzie had to be in the house every night so hey didn't get killed, and she had to hide my laptop so that no one would see it and feel the need to break in. Also, if my cat slept in my bed, i would have to just accept that I was going to die, because I thought god was giving me one last gift before he killed me. theres more but thats enough of that juju.
Anyway I started to notice what a **** I was being - as I said I didn't think I had a reason to be upset - and I started to recognise the weird things about  myself, the superstitions were the first to fade out, then I bought new clothes,  listened to whatever was in the charts, died my hair to a bright blonde. Anyway that went on for a while, and I did feel better but then I realised I was being a little extreme, i wasnt changing my style to what I liked i was changing it to what i thought everyone else did, so i bought the clothes I actually liked, which are still dark but not in a bad gothic way, i listened to the music i like, some of it in the charts, some of it a little more unknown and i died my hair back to its natural blonde. Only lately i've been feeling down again ALL THE TIME. there is always something to be sad about. i feel like my head is literally ****** and doesn't know how to think. Im getting super stitious again, this time i'm convinced that i can only be happy if i have bright blonde hair, even though i didn't even like the colour. I also don't understand how i still believe that when obviously I know thats kind of crazy. I also cut myself the other night because i felt upset about my life. I just dont see a way out. I dont know if its depression or what, it could just be my age i suppose. Either way I don't want to tell anybody because I dont want people to think i'm attention seeking - because im really not. i just dont know. I cant even handle college anymore, my grades have dropped and i rarely turn up anymore. I'd rather sleep. and so yeah thats my story, boring i know.
im 18 and i live with my mum.she's been making me angry cause im the only child and for little things of my own im not alowed to decide.(i cant send her to a therapist cuz she's 60 and not logical at all).we all the time fight.and i shout and imagine my self killing her.i also hate my dad casue he is a very bad man.
any way...i feel like commiting suicide or killing others.i dont have enough sleep and when i sleep i wake up in the middle of the night for thousond times.i hate my room our house....i just like to stay in streets!(though i dont ever do such a thing)i dont like my self.
there is one thing that is killing me....i cant understand i should modify my behavier or my mum should do?!
i have flaws and problems but she IS ALWAYS THE BEGINER.
im trying so hard to find my self.and im studing painting in university and i need to find my self to make an art work...
when im tired and come home my mum messes everything up and my dad...it really hurts.
what should i do? it feels like there are lots of things in my head in my life i cant handle anymore....
forget about the thereapist.im not alowed to do so.i dont have the situation to visit one.
any other way? please tell me.thank u.
Hey girl seems to me your just dealing with life...dont beat yourself up ok..im 34 and have attempted suicide only to wake up on the floor puking with a massive headache busted bloodvessals in my eyes. this attempt failed dec 26th ....i cried because the rope broke and i wasnt even aware i had that emotion. trust me when i say girl ...pick yourself up goto work join the gym. hug a cat and smile...apperantlydeath doesnt even want some of us...life and death rejected me now im stuck to walk like a ghost. im sure next time ill use a gun. always been afraid that it would just mess me up and not do the job....ive lost everyone and everything ive ever loved ..everything that ever loved me beat the hell outta me. and then did it again because i woulkd cry from the pain. guess thats why i didnt think i could still cry..im a guy and have been physically and mentally abusing in every aspect...ive tried to be the best i can be only to find that everyone says im still crazy....And i cant seem to argue them anymore....I see ppl smile and im confused i see someone dead and find myself calling them lucky. i ask for help and everyone wants money....ppl dont care but i do pick your head up girl just remember some of us out here. heaven or hell doesnt want..ill try again hopefully it works
i ment i was abused not abusing
I'm a 14 year old girl and most of the time I am happy, but sometimes I have days where I nearly cry at everything. Ex: I left my coat on the plane and when my mom said we couldn't go back for it I was holding back tears, even though it was just a coat. When I got home I just sobbed and I couldn't stop. Then I was sad and angry most of the day after that. Sometimes I just cry myself to sleep for no reason. I get mad and cry at the stupidest things and i hatr myself for umit.I'm usually good at holing it in when I'm with other people though. I really want to tell someone but all my friends just think I'm moody. My dad wouldn't understand, and my mom and my step dad are too busy taking my sister to her therapist because of mild depression. I don't want them to think I'm just seeking attention, but I don't know what else to do.
(I will be honest): im a 16 year old hispanic teen that lives in minesota in a somewhat ghetto school, i am somtimes happy or depressed. i have no idea what to do with my life when im older. my grades are terrible, my parents are divorced and my social life is messed up. Every time i go to school im always scared of being myself, i was like this since 12 years old. the longest ive been in one school at a time was 3 years. im always moving schools every 2 years or so and i believe that is hurting me as well. im fairly popular at my school. also sometimes when people say something mean to me(as a joke), and everyone else laughs, i get really sad and mad inside, and i just tell them to shut up or something. on the conterary when i talk to pretty girls sometimes i get really happy and confident. also i have a terrible addiction to a game online called WoW im not sure what to do, its like im living two different lives, at school and at home. think of it this way: at school im about that Swag, i drink and smoke weed once in a while. theres NO WAY that i will ever tell anyone that i play that game, otherwise i would get chewed alive at school. im very interested in sports just not at school because i do have one problem, and that is that im pigeon toed. i really am very self concious about my feet, i always try to walk straight at school so no one notices. im not sure what to do...i do believe in God and Jesus Christ i used to go to church with my mom every sunday sometimes even fridays. but now i live with my dad and he doesnt really like to go to church. i think God is the only thing that has been keeping me up. i never think about suicidal or killing myself, but i just think aboutt what people would do and say if i actually killed myself. i dont know what to do...i really dont want to go to a therapist or tell anyone in my family. im sorry this is so long, i just need help. thanks for ready :)
I know how many people have said this, but I need to ask. I'm almost 13 (so not technically a teen yet, but still) and I think I may be depressed. But it's all based off of no very specific reasons. I had serious family issues over the summer, and it's just kind of balled up since then. But it's because of my family, so I don't know If I want to confide in them. But i think that also might just be because I'm full out terrified of what their reaction may be, and what may happen if they over/under react. A lot of your symptoms happen to me (kind of all) and I've looked up all the symptoms of depression and read all about it, and I'm pretty sure I have it. And I know it's not a proper diagnosis, but I also took the depressed test online, and I scored extremely high for major depressive disorder. I know a lot of people might say I'm too young to actually feel depressed but I do. I really want to tell somebody who would be able to help me, an it seems like at my age only my parents could. But with the issues we already have, how can I come right out and tell them how I feel? Please if you have any response, I could really use it. <3
Hallelujah!
Okay so a couple things: I have so many issues that telling my mom about one would mean telling her about all. I am fairly certain that I have depression, I cut myself, I cry myself to sleep, I'm always upset, I have severe paranoia, I have anxiety and panic attacks, and I have a sleeping disorder. I need help, I feel so lost all the time, and I just... if I tell my mom then she'll know how messed up I am. I don't want to disappoint her or upset her nor do I want her to think that I'm attention seeking. I have a serious lying problem so that I lie and don't realize it until after the fact and my mom just thinks I lie to attempt to make my life easier. I don't know what to do, I try to tell her but other things come out instead. I've been like this for years now but after a really personal, bad, emotional couple of months it's just been getting worse and worse... what do I do? How do I tell her?
Welcome To My World. Im 11 And Ive Had Depression For 7 Years. Its Not Fun. And I Really Hope You Can Get Rid Of It With Some Quick Therapy..
I'm like this too. I'm 14, kinda popular and do normal stuff. Around my friends I am probably one of the most cheerful and happy people you have EVER seen. I'm outgoing, loud and my friends call me hilarious.  Around them I have an extrememly easy going attitude and am quite a nice person and just get along. But as soon as soon as i've gotten home from school or am alone I'll suddenly become depressed. There'll be a plummet in my mood and I'll start thinking about how I'm not good enough for anyone or anything, about how my freedom's so much more limited than all of my other friends, how I'm not as smart as all of them even though I have the potential to be and how I just want my life to end. I just want it to end but I can't make it. And it hurts me so much. I just can't take life anymore. But I will I guess coz there's no running away from it. I'll just wither and rot like a dying plant
I am having the same problem. I have a load of friends and I have a best friend also. We have been friends for years now and we talk about random stuff and we are always there for each other. But recently yes I have started smoking pot I'm fully done now because I realize it doesn't help me. I feel so alone all the time and I feel that no one is really my friend or I have no one to talk to. I feel dead inside I used to love Xbox is play it 24/7 and I am fit I was athletic also. But now I barely play Xbox I find it boring or there is no use. I have never thought about suicide and don't think I will but I need help..
Dont ever feel embarassed about your past. it is holding you back from all the things you can do. i know that it is hard- trust me and also that it can be hard to tell people how you feel but there is a huge wieght of your shoulders when someone is there for you :)
mishymoshymarcy I wish I could just plug my... Comment
59 mins ago
Healthtips commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25