Teen Depression Community
i think im depressed, How do i tell my mum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Right this is complicated. I dont know who to talk to , Ive fallen out with the person i trusted the most and i cant talk to him anymore, and i wont be able to. I have noone to talk to and im just not happy in life. I let problems build up inside of me which i know doesnt help, but noone is here for me. I know im not happy , i think deep into things, I get upset over little thing, and i cry alot.. i just know i arent right.. I also have typed into google 'how to be happy' which isnt right for a 14 year old girl. I dont want to tell my mum because she's already going trough a lot and she will feel like a bad mum, I dont want to cause my family upset. I have tried slitting my wrists but i couldnt do it properly , i dont have the strength.
First things first: You have fallen out with the person you trust the most, that doesn't mean that they don't care anymore , try to talk to them and bring up your problem, tell them how you are feeling , and no matter what happened between you , they should comfort you , give you advice and best of all help you though it.
Second: Even if you feel like after this argument you could not possible trust them , there are other people to talk to , I tryed speaking to trustworthy friends that I am close to but **** hang around everyday, that way I can tell them more than I could tell my best friends , that way I don't have to look at them all the time and think "they know my biggest secrets ever". I personally find it easier that way.

Third: your are right , you do not sound like you are happy at all,, to me you sound like you have depression. The best thing for this is to see a specialist,and talk about it , I find that the more you talk about it , the more you can understand and help yourself.

Fourth: Tell your mum , she is a mother and nothing matters more to her than her little girl, she will want to help you through this and when your down she will want to make you laugh, let her in and accept her help, no matter what is going on in her life just now that she will drop it all for her beautiful daughter.

And last but not least: About the self harm, I was also am like you
I used be unable to self harm , but don't look at it as a bad thing , that means that you are still normal and you see sense , you realise that there is no point in cutting as that won't help anything, you are lucky to still have that nd if I were you I would treasure it. By the way , sorry not this being in two messages I pressed the post button by mistake.

Please message me, as I am here to help , I am a 13 year old girl who is going through extreamley similar issues and problems and I feel it would be good for both of us if we talked , know I am always there for you <3 x
Thank you for this so much , You've put it all clear and into order. Im not good with words as you can tell haha, But yes,.. thank you. I dont get on well with my mum at the moment at all. I take it out on her and i am moody and rude, But i wish i could tell her but i dont know what to say! If i did get to see a specialist what happens? I dont know what to talk to them about. I cant describe how i feel really.<3
I'm the exact same , that's why I don't want to go see a theripist either , I can't tell them how I feel, but you can always write things down for them , if you feel you could be better at explaining your self then , or you can get online theripists which personally I would find easier to deal with. There is always a way , all you have to do is talk to them , and come to a half way point. Can I ask , why do you not have a good relationship with your mum the now , message me if it make you feel more comfortable x
mishymoshymarcy Head in the books Marcy. Do... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
lizfal commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Jul 26