Can't open my mouth
I had jaw surgery about 20 years ago.  I'm not sure what it was called but they pulled my chin out and also removed bone from my upper jaw.  I have felt pain on and off the entire time since but this weekend I got to where I could hardly open my mouth to eat without having a lot of pain.  I know I need to go to the doctor but I do not have the money to go.  Just wondering if anyone had any ideas to ease some of the pain.

Thanks a bunch :)
How much would it cost to get panoramic x rays on your jaw?

For now until you decide to go to a doctor I would use a heating pad on your face and maybe see if you can get a prescription for muscle relaxants in your jaw.

did you have an overbite before? is that why they did the surgery?
Sorry I meant to say as well, before my surgery 17yrs ago my jaw kept locking open as well and would only unlock once i woke up from sleeping. One day I took my hands and physically pulled my jaw closed. At that point I shattered my articulating disc.