Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Is it nerve damage?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it nerve damage?

Hello. I had my lower wisdom teeth extracted 8 days ago. The right side has healed almost completely. The left side has not. The left side is still swollen. My chin and lip on the left side are still numb, but that has improved over the last few days. I also have trismus due to the surgery, but that is slowly getting better as well.  However, I am experiencing something new. In the last two days, every time I clinch my teeth or even swallow, I have this very weird sensation under my teeth only on the left lower side. It almost feels like tissue is moving around in there. It is not painful, but uncomfortable. The only thing that seems to make the feeling go away is if I apply pressure to that area from the outside of my skin (not directly on the gum itself). I was wondering if anyone knows if this odd sensation sounds like nerve damage, or could it be something entirely unrelated to nerve damage? I have my post-op appointment in 4 days. Should I try to reschedule the appointment ASAP? Thank you!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank