Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Jaw Pain Months After Tooth Extraction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Jaw Pain Months After Tooth Extraction

In Febuary, I had my right lower molar removed after a battle with an abcess (abscess). Due to the cost, I decided not to have the tooth replaced with an implant. It is now late October and I have been experiencing extreme TMJ pain in my in my left upper jaw for about a month, which is on the opposite side of the tooth removal. I've had TMJ in the past, but nothing like this time. The pain is horrible. I finally connected the dots and realized my teeth have probably shifted from not having the implant done when it was an option earlier this year. Is there any sort of special splint that will help the teeth shift back into place and alleviate the jaw pain. Thank you!
Tags: jaw pain
Related Discussions
While your hypothesis seems plausible, I wouldn't jump to conclusions that it is correct and that a splint is the solution.

You need to be seen by someone who specializes in TMJ/neck & face pain.  This could be a dentist, it could be an MD or physical therapist.  I've been having great success w/ physical therapy lately.

If you can get this diagnosed as a medical condition and you have health insurance, you will do better financially.  Ask the doctor to not use the phrase tmj in diagnosis as that might flag the insurance company.  My doc said myo fascial pain of neck and head.

In the meantime, ice your jaw and you might want to take some anti-inlammatory mets.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...