Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Blood test shows TSH level of 0.10

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Blood test shows TSH level of 0.10
Is this an excessively low reading compared to normal paramenters?  Is this a strong indication of hyper...if most symptoms are not there?   Percentage of possibilty that T3 and T4 are normal and therefore just be monitored?  Some results from other folks in group having blood tests sponsored by our company is that the blood results were wrong.  Any chance this is possible with my TSH results?  Next step, does the result warrant a  2 day - 3 part CT scan?  Thanks.
Would repeat the level in 5-6 weeks to see if this is a transient abnormality or persistent.  CT scanning is not indicated in the evaluation of a low TSH but a 2-day/3-part test more likely refers to I-123 nuclear scanning - which is helpful in the evaluation of hyperthyroidism.  With a moderately low TSH of 0.1 and normal T4/T3 and no symptoms -- observation would be my first choice, if persistent then scan may be helpful.