Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Can Thyroid Disorder affect Kidneys?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Can Thyroid Disorder affect Kidneys?
Hello,

Three months ago, I went to an Endocrinologist seeking help for low TSH, thyroid nodules, fatigue & Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. He ordered bloodwork to check the Thyroid and my glucose for the Polycystic.

It came back VERY strange. My TSH is extremely high now (for me) I have always been below .10 and now I am 2.32. But the strangest thing to come back is my kidney functions. Creatinine is 2.9 and BUN is 67. In addition, hormone tests (DHEA, LH & FSH) came back that I am postmenopausal and I am only 32.

MY question is...COULD the thyroid be causing all these wacky results or do I have someone else's bloodwork????

Thanks,

Bev

Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
97953_tn?1440868992
repeat the labs - too many unexpected values.  the thyroid usually does not effect the kidney in this way.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, Hypothyroid with normal blood work? was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now