Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Can Thyroid Disorder affect Kidneys?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Can Thyroid Disorder affect Kidneys?

Three months ago, I went to an Endocrinologist seeking help for low TSH, thyroid nodules, fatigue & Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. He ordered bloodwork to check the Thyroid and my glucose for the Polycystic.

It came back VERY strange. My TSH is extremely high now (for me) I have always been below .10 and now I am 2.32. But the strangest thing to come back is my kidney functions. Creatinine is 2.9 and BUN is 67. In addition, hormone tests (DHEA, LH & FSH) came back that I am postmenopausal and I am only 32.

MY question is...COULD the thyroid be causing all these wacky results or do I have someone else's bloodwork????

Thanks,

Bev

repeat the labs - too many unexpected values.  the thyroid usually does not effect the kidney in this way.
A related discussion, Hypothyroid with normal blood work? was started.