Enlarged heart with hyperthyroidism
I have surgery planned for next week.  My calcium level is at 11 and has been steadily going up for over ten year. I had to go to the ER last night because I thought I was having a heart attack.  It turned out to be Pleurisy.  They did a scan with some IVP dye and I have an enlarged heart that I didn't know that I had. I am the most hateful human on earth, and I am in so much pain, (knees, joints, thumbs, legs, everywhere. I can hardly move.  I can't turn my head to the left.  I have essential tremor, COPD, high blood preasure, and gain weight constantly.  )  By now you are shaking your head.) Will I feel any better after this surgery?  I know it won't cure it all, but in a medical opinion, what percentage of relief will there be. There are no Kidney stones, some head aches, I can't remember what happened 10 mins ago. My teeth are falling out, my hair is thinning, and I sleep 16 or 18 hrs. a day.  Give me some good news, or tell me to forget it, please.
Fixing the parathyroid (assuming you meant you are having parathyroid surgery) should help some/many of these symptoms.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.