Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Enlarged heart with hyperthyroidism
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Enlarged heart with hyperthyroidism

I have surgery planned for next week.  My calcium level is at 11 and has been steadily going up for over ten year. I had to go to the ER last night because I thought I was having a heart attack.  It turned out to be Pleurisy.  They did a scan with some IVP dye and I have an enlarged heart that I didn't know that I had. I am the most hateful human on earth, and I am in so much pain, (knees, joints, thumbs, legs, everywhere. I can hardly move.  I can't turn my head to the left.  I have essential tremor, COPD, high blood preasure, and gain weight constantly.  )  By now you are shaking your head.) Will I feel any better after this surgery?  I know it won't cure it all, but in a medical opinion, what percentage of relief will there be. There are no Kidney stones, some head aches, I can't remember what happened 10 mins ago. My teeth are falling out, my hair is thinning, and I sleep 16 or 18 hrs. a day.  Give me some good news, or tell me to forget it, please.
97953_tn?1193367871
Fixing the parathyroid (assuming you meant you are having parathyroid surgery) should help some/many of these symptoms.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank