Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Fibromyalgia or thyroid problems?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fibromyalgia or thyroid problems?

5 nodules were found when I was 30, 8 years ago. But I had no symptoms. Since the birth of my last child, my periods have become very irregular, I have suffered from fatigue, mild adult acne, muscle pain, joint pain, severe depression and difficulty losing weight. My thyroid levels have come back "normal" and it has been suggested that I have fibromyalgia. Could there be any issue with my thyroid anyway? If my symptoms were just pain and fatigue, I would be more inclined to believe a diagnosis of fibromyalgia.  But with the irregular periods and nodules as well, I'm skeptical. I am very frustrated and I don't know what to do. I have just been seeing my regular doctor. Would an endicrinologist be the better way to go?