Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Hashimoto's
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hashimoto's

I have hastimatos thyroiditis, an autoimmune disease. I've been having other symptoms like weak arms and legs, tingling feet-especially after a shower/bath, and sometimes I'm dizzy. I just wonder it is part of my thyroid disease or MS...
Makes me worry
97953_tn?1193367871
Check B12 and caclium levels and also confirm thyroid function is adequate on current meds.
2 Comments
Blank
I'm not doctor but back a long time ago when I was flailing around trying to figure out what was wrong, I noted unpleasant similarities in MS symptoms. I suspect it's yet another disease with a lot of generalized odd symptoms.

I have another endocrine disorder, so you mileage may vary, but I had definite muscle and nerve issues that eventually went away with treatment.  And hypothyroid effects everything in you body, everything.

Could bring up the tingling with your doctor.  Likely not MS.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank