Hashimotos
HI, I had a child 6 months ago, two months after delivery I got hyper tsh was 0.06 and stayed like that for two months, I stopped taking naturethroid and iodine, in two months my tsh went up to 4.5, free t3 is 3.0 free t 4 is 1.00, i started taking iodine 350 mcg for a week and my tsh doubled tsh 8.5, free t3 and free t4 did not change within that week, tpo came back 1.5, tg ab less than 0.9. I wonder do I have hashimotos due to the fact that i am positive for anibodies or it is normal to have some of them? I heard iodine is bad for hashimoto's patients.
The antibodies are consistent with Hashimoto's.  Excess iodine can cause worse hypothyroid in Hashi.  Post-partum thyroiditis with transient hyperthyroidism can also occur.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.