Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
I-131 scan
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I-131 scan

I completed my RAI last week and went in for my whole body scan which came back clear but I was wondering if anyone could elaborate exactly what the scan looks for?  Does it just check for metasis of the thyroid cancer or would it detect any type of cancer cells?  I was wondering if the scan would detect cancer of any type.

Also, I have a TSH of 75 due to being hypo and was just wondering if a sign of hypothyroid is easy brusing.  I have yellow bruises all over my thighs and I don't know what else it could be from?