Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
New at this
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

New at this

I am a 54 year old female with a family history of autoimmune disorders. At my last physical my primary sent me to an Endo because my levels were high.  At that point the Endo retested me and because my bone density showed osteopenia prescribed Methimazole 10 MG a day. He also mentioned that I may need RAI down the road. My 23 yr old daughter has had MCTD since she was 5 and is now in a remission. My blood work shows T3 220,TSH  0.01, and FREE THYROXINE 1.25.

Really my question is----Should I take the meds- have RAI or seek a second opinion? I have been very healthy up until this point.I have thought of alternative medicine.  What are your thoughts
Thank you so much,
Butterfly54