Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Should I be worried?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Should I be worried?

I just had a thyroid ultrasound today with results that worry me. The results read:

Right lobe of the thyroid has 2 hypoechoic nodules each measuring up to 1 cm in size. One is in the upper pole, the sac was in lower pole. There is also a 9-10 mm hypoechoic nodule in the isthmus of the thyroid. Right lobe measures
4.6 x 1.8 x 1.7 cm in size. Left lobe measures 4.1 x 1.4 x 1.6 cm in size. 2 hypoechoic nodules are seen in the left lobe, largest is in the upper pole measuring 1.2 cm in size. Findings probably represent multinodular goiter. However, the 1.2 cm hypeechoic nodular pole of the left lobe should be biopsied.

I'm a little disturbed by this news, should I just wait for my doctor to call me with the results before I panic? Am I over-reacting?

Thank you for any helpful advise you may give,

Shurri S.