Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Suspicious for Follicullar Neoplasam
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Suspicious for Follicullar Neoplasam

Hello everyone.   I am a 32 yo mother with two children.   About six months ago I noticed a knot just under my jaw bone which was hard and swollen.  I went to my doctor she said lets just watch it.  Well I work in the ultrasound department and one on the techs looked at the lymph node for me and suggested I get a actual order from my physician.   Turns out I have a nodule on both sides of my thyroid  both are over a cm and hypoechoic with incresed vascular flow.  The first FNA on the right nodule only, was hypocellular, my physician said lets follow it so I got a second opinon.  At which time they did a thyroid uptake scan and a secnd FNA.  They uptake scan showed both nodules in the left and right are cold.  The FNA on both sided shows supecious for follicular neoplasam.  So I am have a TT done in one week.   Everything I have read is very confusing, does anyone know anything about the spead of a follicular neplasam to the lymph nodes, and can it go anywhere else.  Any information would be great.  Thanks