Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid hormone results
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid hormone results

Hello my doctor has come to the conclusion after seeing my results that i do not have a thyroid problem. I have a lot of hypo symptoms such as weight gain, infertility, ibs, very low moods . Can anyone see any other possibilities with my following results.

My results TSH 0.02 (0.50-5.00 normal)
                 Free T4 12.4 ( 9.0-25.0 normal)
                 Free T3 6.4 (3.5- 6.5 normal)

Thank you for your time.
Emma
97953_tn?1193367871
You have subclinical hyperthyroidism (low TSH and normal t4/t3) - may not fit with symptoms (but "thyroid symptoms" are very nonspecific and cannot be used to make a diagnosis) -- would see an endocrinologist to determine cause.
4 Comments
Blank
hi.  is your tsh really .02?  if it is, that's not normal.
Blank
Hi I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid about two years ago(graves disease) i was really sick. I had a thyroid storm.i got through it, was given radiation therapy now on thyroid meds. was stated now hypothyroid but my tsh level is 0.02 I feel awful I'm having bad hot flashes than very cold fatigue heart palpitations I know my doctor is trying but the meds don't seem to be working
Blank
Thank you very much for your response. I got a call from the doc to come in as they found I have a multinodular goitre. Dont know details yet as she is not back in the surgery till Friday but I guess the next step is to see an endocrinologist. At least Im overjoyed that I may have found a cause for my chronic low moods for the last 15 years.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now