Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid nodules
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thyroid nodules

Two years ago I had a hemithyroidectomy for a dominant nodule 1.5 and a 6mm satillite nodule.left thyroid.  The FNA  on the large nodule was suspicious for cancer, it was not cancer, they said it was hasimotos.  Now two yrs later I had a follow up ultrasound on the remaining half of my thyroid.  It showed no change in the 3mm and 6mm nodules that I also had.   My sister or and brother both had thyroid cancer, so strong history there.  We are going to follow up with another ultrasound in 24 months.  Should I be comfortable with this  treatment or could these nodules on the right  half be cancer? Even though they have not grown in two yrs or changed?   I wish would of had the whole thyroid out so I don't have to constantly worry about the other nodules.

Thanks for your help, Cindi
97953_tn?1193367871
Sounds like 2 years is appropriate, these are small nodules that have not changed in 2 years.  The key is to not ignore them, but overall this appears to be a low-risk situation.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank