Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
What Should I Prepare for the Endocrine Consult?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What Should I Prepare for the Endocrine Consult?

I am scheduled for an endocrine consult, and am wondering what information I should bring. I have already had 2 thyroid scans, 3 blood panels, and a CAT scan of my neck taken during an unexplained period of swelling on one side.  Obviously, I should bring this emperical data.  

However, I like to take a proactive approach to medical treatment, and come ready with a list of my more subjective symptoms and questions for the doctor to make the most of a consult.  I believe that doctors sometimes get inundated and may not always do as thorough of a review of subjective complaints as they should.

From what I've read on this forum, I'm finding that I have a whole lot of problems that I never knew could be related to my thyroid.  And, I'm curious to find out how others prepares for their consult.
97953_tn?1193367871
You should bring all the thyroid related testing and scanning/imaging.

The doctor may do a neck ultrasound him/herself as part of the initial consult (at least this is what we do) and some additional labs.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank