Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
ball in neck

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

ball in neck

I just recently went to the doctor and they found a ball in my neck and all my doctor said about it was "Its nothing, its nothing to worry about." Thats all he said!!!!!  He didnt say what it was or why it was there.  Can someone give me some info of what it could be.
Where is the "ball" located?  If it near the base of the front of your neck, it could be a goiter or a thyroid nodule, although I'm sure any physician would explore this. If you are not satisfied with your doctor's explanation, I would suggest going back for further details or finding another GP.
The ball is located at the bottom of the neck, I gues you could say the base!  I don,t know what to do, but if my doc didnt discuss the situation further with me should I be worried or should I just listen to him when he says its nothing?  Also, I do want a new doc but I can't seem to bump into a good one, I've been to three already.
I went to the my GP with a lump on the side of my neck, swollen lymph nodes, she said oh thats just where you have had an infection or something, nothing to worry about. Now, 4 months later I am being tested for Lymphoma. If you are worried question your doctor until you get an answer as to what the lump is. It is better to be safe than sorry, but remember that potentialy it is probally "nothing to worry about". I wish you the best of luck and GOD BLESS...........SUE
yeah, I'm definitely going to question about it because I am quite worried, even though it probably is nothing.