Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
hyperthyrodism

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

hyperthyrodism
I am diabetic since 28 yrs..having dm type 2.my TSH IS 0.01 uTU/ml.having fasting sugar 150mg/dl&p.p 180 mg/dl.Medicine suggested by Dr.are Trimetaday 2mg.,Vingose 0.3mg.,thyrocab 10 mg.three times a day.,Evion LC.1OD.Pls.suggest any more medicine or precautions to be taken.
h.s.chhabra
The trimetaday and vingose are for blood sugar.
The thyrocab (carbimazole) is for thyroid.
It will be important to confirm the reason for the hype thyroidism.  Hyperthyroidism can further aggravate hyperglycemia.  You may have Graves' disease in which case the current thyroid medication is appropriate however if this is a transient thyroid inflammation, you may not need any specific thyroid medication.  If you're having increased heart rate, consider talking about a beta blocker with your doctor.  Close followup to confirm that the thyroid is responding to the treatment and to confirm the etiology of  hyperthyroidism is appropriate.
thanks for your niceA&valuable info.Iwill discuss with my Doctor,